Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has introduced Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) facility to provide greater transparency and better quality of services.
The ECR facility is available from April, 2012. All Employers who are covered under the Employees’ Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 are required to register their establishments on EPFO website for filing the Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) for wage month of March 2012 (payable in April 2012) onward. The registration process has already started from 20 March, 2012.
The ECR facility is intended to provide following benefits:
- No paper return to be prepared and submitted to EPFO
- No need to submit other returns viz Form 5/10/12A, 3A and 6A
- Employers will get the confirmation of payment through SMS instantly
- The contribution will be credited to the members’ account on monthly basis
- Employers can view the annual accounts
statement for accounting year 2011-12 online
- For earlier years employers can request for the annual statement through this portal
- The ECR facility is available for companies who are contributing to the statutory scheme run by EPFO as well as companies who are running in-house PF trusts