To avoid inconvenience and delay, Service Tax assessees are requested not to wait till the last date for filing their ST3 returns. So far only about 6,000 returns are being filed per day in ACES in the new ST 3 format for the period April to June, 2012, out of about 16 lakh registered assessees.
Modified version of the Service Tax Return (ST3) for the quarter Apr-Jun,2012 is now available for uploading to ACES .It is available in ‘DOWNLOADS’ section in offline version only and not online version. In view of the implementation of the Negative List concept in Service Tax with effect from 1st July, 2012, the return filing cycle of six months (April-September, 2012) has been spilt. This new ST 3 Return will be only for the period April-June, 2012, when Negative List was not introduced. This return is available in offline utility only with view and print facility in online mode. The last date of filing the ST 3 return for the quarter Apr-Jun,2012 has been extended by CBEC up to 25th November, 2012 vide Order No 3/2012 dated 15th October, 2012.( To view order no: 3/2012 dated 15th October,2012 click here).
1. Regarding filing of return for the period from July-September, 2012, further announcements will be made in due course.
2. ST3 returns for the past half- yearly return filing periods up to March, 2012 can also be filed now both through offline and online versions.
3. Please do not wait until the last moment and file your return now to avoid congestion and inconvenience.
4. Assessees can also take the help of the Certified Filing Centres ( CFCs) for filing returns. (for details please ‘CFC’ link)
5. For any other assistance please see ‘Help’ link .