F. No. 10/3/2016-Cy.I
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 21st November, 2016
Subject : Addendum to OM dated 18h November, 2016 on the subject “Cancellation of legal tender of high denomination bank notes of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 — constitution of committees of Addl. Secretaries / Joint Secretaries / Directors to the Government of India for visiting States / UTs and reporting about the status of implementation of the decision”
This may kindly be read in continuation of earlier OM of even number dated 18′h November, 2016.
2. In para 2 of the aforesaid OM, the Teams of Officers. while assessing the status of implementation of the decision were requested to cover 5 points as stated in that OM. It has been now decided to add the following additional point to that list:
“(vi) The aim of the measure is to combat corruption, black money, counterfeit currency and terrorist financing. Officers shall be alert to any attempts being made to thwart these objectives and make specific practical suggestions to ensure the aim is achieved.”
Additional Secretary to the Government of India
The Establishment Officer, DoPT, North Block. It
Copy to :
1. PS to FM
2. PS to MoS (Finance)
3. PS to MOS (EA & Corporate Affairs),
4. Principal Secretary to Prime Minister, PMO, South Block, New Delhi
5. Cabinet Secretary, Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi.
6. T.V. Somanathan, Joint Secretary to Prime Minister, PMO, South Block, New Delhi.
7. The Chief Secretaries of all State Governments and Administrators of all Union Territories for
8. The Secretaries of all Ministries/ Departments in Government of India for information.