MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(Central Board of Direct Taxes)
New Delhi, the 18th December, 2015
G.S.R. 992(E).— In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue, Income Tax Department (Group C Posts), Recruitment Rules, 2003 relating to Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade) except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the posts of Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade) in the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance.
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue, Central Board of Direct Taxes, Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade) Group C Posts, Recruitment Rules, 2015.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, Classification and scale of – The number of the said posts, their classification and the scale of pay attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age limit, other qualifications, etc.—The method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule:
Provided that the recruitment by promotion against posts in the Region of a Cadre Controlling Authority shall be made only from amongst persons belonging to the cadres of that Region, as indicated against column 11 of the Schedule.
4. Disqualifications – No person,‑
(a). who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b). who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said posts :
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Nothing, in these rules shall affect reservations and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Ex-servicemen and any other special categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of the post||Number of post||Classification||Pay Band and Grade Pay||Whether Selection or Non-Selection
|Staff Car Driver (Ordinary Grade)||*(21:115)
*Subject to variation depending on workload
|General Central Services, Group ‘C’ Non-Ministerial, Non- Gazetted.||Pay Band-I, Rs.
5200-20200 + Grade Pay of Rs. 1900.
|Age limit for direct
|Educational and other
qualifications required for
|Whether age and
prescribed for direct
recruits will apply in the
case of prornotees
probation, if any
|18-25 years** (Relaxable||Essential:||Not applicable.||Two years for|
|for Government servants||(i) Possession of a valid||direct recruits or|
|upto 40 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government.)
Note: The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates in India (and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam,
|driving license for
motor cars;(ii) Knowledge of motormechanism (Thecandidate should be able to remove minor-defects in vehicle);(iii) Experience of driving a motor car for at least 3 years.; and(iv) Pass in 10th standard.
Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh
|3 years’ service as Home Guard/Civil Volunteers.|
|Division of J&K State,
Lahaul&Spiti District and
|Note 1 : The qualification regarding experience is|
|Pangi Sub Division of||relaxable at the discretion|
|Chamb a District of
|of the competent
|Islands of Lakshadweep .)
** If the ‘direct recruitment’ is to be made by ‘direct
open competitive Examination, the age limit would be 18-27 years.
|Note 2: In the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes if at any
stage of selection, the
the opinion that the
sufficient number of
candidates with requisite experience is not likely to be available to fill up the
vacancy reserved for
Method of recruitment : whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage or the posts to be filled by various methods
In case of recruitment by promotion/ deputation/absorption, grades from which promotion/deputation/absorption to be made
Deputation/Absorption: failing which by direct recruitment failing which by direct recruitment
From amongst the regular Dispatch Rider (Group C) and Group C employees in Pay Band 1 Rs. 5200-20200 Grade pay Rs. 1800 in the (mention the name of theorganization) who possess valid Driving License for Motor Cars on the basis of a Driving Test to assess the competence to drive Motor Cars failing which from officials holding the post of Dispatch Rider on regular basis or regular Group C employees in Pay Band I Rs. 5200-20200 Grade pay Rs. 1800 in other Ministries of the Central Government who fulfill the necessary qualifications as mentioned in column 7.
Deputation/re-employment for Armed Forces Personnel:
The Armed Forces Personnel due to retire or who are to be transferred to reserve within a period of one year and having the requisite experience and qualifications prescribed shall also be considered. Such persons would be given deputation terms upto the date on which they are due for release from the Armed Forces; thereafter they may be continued on reemployment.
Note: The period of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization/ Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed three years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation/absorption shall be Not exceeding 56 years’ as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is Circumstances in which Union Public
Its composition Service Commission to be consulted in
Group C’ Department Promotion Not Applicable.
Committee (for deputation/re‑
employment I absorption):‑
1. Addl./ICrT(Hqrs.) nominated by the Pr. CCIT(CCA)- Chairman
2. Dy. CIT to be nominated by the Pr. CCIT(CCA)- Member
3. Local Dy. Commissioner of
4. One SC/ST Officer not below the rank of DCIT or Liaison Officer,
as nominated by the Pr. Member CCIT(CCA)
[F. No. HRD/C2v1/121/09/2014-I5/Dy. No.1606/201 5-Ad,V11]
JATI SINGH MEENA, Under Secy