F. NO. 500/56/2014-FT &TR-IV/354
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
Foreign Tax & Tax Research Division
FT & TR-IV Division
7th Floor, Hudco Vishala Bldg.
Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi
Dated: 8th February, 2016
1. All the Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax
2. All the Director General of Income Tax (Inv.)
Sub: Request for Exchange of Information from field offices of time barring assessment cases-reg.
The undersigned is directed to state that large number of requests for Exchange of Information (EOI) in time barring assessments/matters are received in FT &TR Division just before the time barring date. It becomes difficult to process and forward such requests after due scrutiny to the Foreign Competent Authority in time. Further, in many cases the EOI requests are not properly drafted/prepared and modification of these requests by the field officers is required.
2. You are therefore requested to direct officers/ CsIT concerned to send all requests for exchange of information getting time barred on 31.03.2016 to FT &TR Division latest by 29th of February, 2016. In this manner, deficiencies, if any, can be removed and modified/correct EOI proforma can be sent to the Foreign Competent Authority in time
3. You are requested to bring this to the notice of all CsIT/officers.
4. This issues with the approval of Chairman, CBDT.
(Dr. O.N. Supriya Rao)
Under Secretary (FT &TR-IV(2))