Office of the Commissioner of Sales Tax,
8th Floor, Vikrikar Bhavan, Mazgaon,
Mumbai – 400 010.
No. 704 cell /2014-15
Trade Circular No. 21T of 2014
Mumbai, dt. 20/12/2014
Subject : Physical Submission of Audit Report in Form 704 for the financial year 2013-2014
1) Government Notification No.VAT/AMD -1009/1B/Adm-6 dated 26.08.2009.
4) Government Notification No: VAT-1512/CR- 139/Taxation-1 dated 21st November 2012
7) Government Notification No: VAT/AMD 2013/IB/ADM – 8 dated 23rd August 2013
9) Maharashtra Act No. XXVII of 2014 dated 26th June, 2014
The last date for submission of audit report u/s 61 of the MVAT Act 2002, for the period 2013-14 is 15th January 2015. After uploading their audit reports for the period 2013-14, the dealers shall submit the following documents:
i. The Statement of submission of Audit Report in the format given in the Notification No: VAT/AMD–2013/113/ADM–8 dated 23rd August 2013. The Statement of submission should be duly certified with signature, stamp, seal of the dealer with date, and
ii. The copy of Acknowledgement generated after uploading of Audit Report in Form-704, duly certified with signature, stamp, seal of the dealer & auditor with date.
(2) The aforesaid documents shall be submitted:-
A. In case of Mumbai‑
I. to the concerned LTU officer, if the dealer is Large Tax Payer
II. to the 704 Cell at Vikrikar Bhavan, Mazgaon, Mumbai if the dealer is not a Large Tax Payer.
B. In case of rest of the state‑
I. to the concerned LTU officer, if the dealer is a Large Tax Payer
II. to the Location Incharge Officer of every Location e.g. Joint Commissioner of Sales Tax, VAT (ADM), Dy Commissioner of Sales Tax ( Vat Adm.). Asst. Commissioner of Sales Tax ( Vat Adm.), if the dealer is not a Large Tax Payer.
(3) In case of acceptance of recommendations of the auditor, the information about the tax & interest payment with the revised returns shall be submitted by the dealer through online compliance when the facility of the Computerized Desk Audit for the year 2013-14 is made available. It may be noted that the dealers are not required to submit the physical copies of challans of payments, at the time of submission of documents as mentioned in para (1)
The last date for electronic uploading of form e704, for the financial year 2013-2014, is 15th January, 2015 and the last date for submission of above documents is 27th January, 2015.
(4) If any member of the trade has any doubt he may refer the matter to this office for further clarification. You are requested to bring the contents of this circular to the notice of all the members of your association.
(Dr. Niteen Kareer)
Commissioner of Sales Tax,
Maharashtra State, Mumbai.