MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
New Delhi, the 17thMay, 2021
S.O. 1928(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 16 read with sub-section (3) of section 25 of the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016 (11 of 2016) and in supersession of the Transparent Float Glass( Quality Control) Order,2019, published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (ii), vide number S.O.03(E), dated the 31stDecember,2019, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession,the Central Government, after consulting the Bureau of Indian Standards, is of the opinion that it is necessary so to do in the public interest, hereby makes the following Order, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.–
(1) This Order may be called the Transparent Float Glass (Quality Control) Order, 2021.
(2) It shall come into force with effect from 1st April, 2022.2.
2. Compulsory use of Standard Mark.–The goods or articles specified in column (1) of the Table shall conform to the corresponding Indian Standard mentioned in column (2) of the said Table and shall bear the Standard Mark under a licence from the Bureau as per Scheme I of Schedule-II of the Bureau of Indian Standard (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018:
Provided that nothing in this Order shall apply to goods or articles meant for export.
3. Certification and enforcement authority.–The Bureau shall be the certifying and enforcement authority for the goods or articles specified in the column (1) of the Table.
|Goods or articles||Indian Standard||Title of Indian Standard|
|Transparent Float Glass||IS 14900: 2018||Transparent Float Glass–Specification|
Note :For the purpose of this Table, the latest version of Indian Standard including the amendment thereof notified by the Bureau from time to time, shall apply from date of such notification.
ANIL AGRAWAL, Addl.Secy