OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NHAVA SHEVA-III)
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
NHAVA SHEVA, URAN, RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA – 400 707
F.No. S/6-Gen- 20002/ 17-18/Bond/JNCH
PUBLIC NOTICE No. 37/2018
Subject: Submission of Bank Guarantee for the purpose of extension of Warehousing Bonds as per the conditions of Board’s Circular No 21/2016.
Attention of all Custom House Agents, Exporters, Importers, Members of the Trade and other stake holders is invited to the Board’s Circular No. 21/2016-Customs dated 31.05.16 on the above mentioned subject.
2. As per the said Board’s Circular No. 21/ 2016-Customs, ‘security’ is to be furnished for seeking extension in warehousing period for storage of sensitive & non-sensitive goods by way of furnishing Bank Guarantee inter alia subject to certain conditions mentioned at Para 4 of the said Circular.
3. However, it is seen that in some cases, the Bank Guarantees which are submitted for extension do not have proper ‘Self Renewal’ Clause. These Bank Guarantees have ‘Written Claim’ Clause stipulating that the bank’s liability is conditional upon the receipt of a valid and duly executed written claim. Bank Guarantees containing such clause/ condition is contradictory to the ‘Self Renewal’ Clause. This results in delay in processing of files pertaining to extension of the warehousing bonds. Therefore, it is advised that a proper care must be taken before submitting the Bank Guarantees with a proper unconditional ‘Self Renewal’ Clause.
4. In case of any further clarification, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of Deputy/Assistant Commissioner in charge of Bond Section, NS-III (email address: email@example.com) or Deputy/Assistant Commissioner in charge of Appraising Main (Import), NS-III (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
Commissioner of Customs (NS-III).
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II/ NS-IV/NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
6. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately