OFFICE OF COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS NS- IV
JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA
TAL: U RAN, DIST. RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA-400707
F.No. S/12-Gen-82/2015-16 AM(X)(Part File)
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 142/2017
SUB : Requirement of health certificate issued online by the State Veterinary Authorities for export of meat and meat products. – reg.
Attention of the Exporters, Custom Brokers and all concerned are invited to the above mentioned subject.
2. Under the current Foreign Trade Policy, the export of boneless buffalo meat (ITC HS Code 0202) and offal’s of buffaloes (ITS HS Code 0206) are allowed subject to fulfillment of the conditions stipulated under the policy which also includes that meat and meat products for exports should mandatorily be sourced from APEDA registered meat processing plants. The procedures for plant registration and list of registered plants are available on APEDA Website e. www.apeda.gov.inunder the icon “quality”.
3. Further, in order to ensure that each registered plant is exporting only the authorized quantity of meat and meat products, APEADA has introduced Meat. Net since April 2015, which is an “internet based electronic service” for issue of on-line health certificate by the designated state veterinary officer for each export consignment. The Health Certificate bears a QR Code which provides details of the processing plant. The system of on-line issuance of Healthy Certificate by the designated Veterinary authorities has been made mandatory w.e.f. 1st April, 2017.
4. Therefore, It is informed that only the health certificate issued on-line by the State Veterinary Authorities will be accepted for allowing export of meat and meat products and that Health Certificate issued manually shall not be accepted. The QR Code may be verified for the authenticity of the documents.
5. Difficulty, if any may also be brought to the notice of Deputy / Assistant Commissioner in charge of Appraising Main (Export) through email / phones (email address: [email protected], Phone No : 022-27244959,).
6. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
Commissioner of Customs (NS-IV)
Copy to (through email):
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II / NS-III / NS-IV/ NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS- I, NS- II / NS- III/ NS- IV / NS- V, JNCH.
6 Representative of BCBA / FIEO / other Trade Associations for information and circulation among their members for information.
7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately