TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
PUBLIC NOTICE NO.49 /(RE-2005)/2004-2009
NEW DELHI : DATED 2nd September, 2005
In exercise of powers conferred under Paragraph 2.4 of the Foreign Trade Policy, (RE-2005)2004-2009), the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby makes following additions in the Hand Book of Procedures (Vol.1)(RE 2005) 2004-2009:-
1. The first sub-paragraph of Paragraph 4.27 shall be substituted as under:-
The Advance Licence including Advance Licence for Annual Requirement issued upto 31.8.2004 shall be governed by the provisions contained in Chapter 7 of the Handbook (Vol.I) (RE-2001) and Chapter 4 of the Handbook (2002-2007 as Notified on 31.3.2002) respectively as amended from time to time excepting the provisions relating to clubbing and extension in EO period which shall be governed by the provisions of Paragraphs 4.20 and 4.22.1 respectively of this Handbook.
2. The third sub-paragraph of Paragraph 4.22.1 shall be substituted as under:-
However any further extension beyond 12 months (2×6 months) from the date of expiry of original E.O.P. as stipulated above or on the lapse of any other extension(s) granted by this office would be permitted on payment of the composition fee @ 2% per month of the duty saved amount proportionate to the balance export obligation.
3. At the end of paragraph 4.24 A (b) the following shall be added as a new Sub-paragraph:-
However in respect of the following inputs, the exporter shall be required to give declaration with regard to technical characteristics, quality and specifications in the application for advance licence for annual requirement and in the shipping bills. The licensing authority while issuing the licence shall mention the technical characteristics, quality and specifications in respect of such inputs:
Alloy steel including Stainless Steel, Copper Alloy, Synthetic Rubber, Bearings, Solvent, Perfumes / Essential Oil / Aromatic Chemicals, Surfactants, Relevant Fabrics, Marble.
4. In the list of ICDs given under Paragraph 4.19, for the words “Surajpur and Dadri” the words “Surajpur, Dadri and Tuticorin” shall be substituted.
5. In the list of ICDs given under Paragraph 4.40, for the words “Surajpur and Dadri” the words “ Surajpur, Dadri and Tuticorin” shall be substituted.
This issues in Public Interest.
DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
(Issued from File No. File No. 01/94/180/162/AM06/PC-IV)