TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 47(RE-2010)/2009-2014
NEW DELHI: DATED: 18.05.2011
Subject: Amendment in Procedure of Tariff Rate Quota Scheme.
In exercise of the powers conferred under Paragraph 2.4 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2009-14 (FTP) and Paragraph 1.1 of the Handbook of Procedures (Vol. I), 2009-14 (HBPv1), the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby makes the following amendments in the Tariff Rate Quota (TRQ) Scheme.
1. Para 2.59 of HBPv1 contains the untitled Table listing the various products under the TRQ Scheme. The title of this Table be read as ‘List of Items covered under Tariff Rate Quota Scheme’. The word “15%” appearing in the column ‘Concessional Rate’ against Sr. No. 2 is replaced by “0%”.
2. As per the last sentence of Para 2.59.1, the last date of filing application of TRQ Scheme for the quota year 2011-12 for all products other than Milk [Sr. No. 1(i) and 1 (ii) of the Table] was 1st March 2011. Now, the last date is extended to 15th June 2011 for submission of fresh/revised applications. Thereafter, Export Facilitation Committee (EFC) may finalize the same within the next 15 days.
3. For the Tariff Rate Quota Scheme, the following is added after Sr. No. 14B in ANF2B.
a. ‘14C – Under Tariff Rate Quota Scheme ’.
This is the option to indicate application filed under Tariff Rate Quota scheme.
b. In the Guidelines for Applicants in ANF2B, Sr. No. 3c is added after Sr. No. 3b as under:
‘3c. Rows at Sr. No. 12 and 13 are required to be filled up only if the applicant is an actual user.’
The effect of this Public Notice:
• Under TRQ Scheme, the import of Maize (Corn) ITC HS Code 100590 is allowed Duty Free, as has already been notified by Customs Notification No. 9/2007 dated 25.1.2007.
• With effect from the date of this Public Notice, the Actual User condition will not be mandatory under imports of all items under TRQ Scheme.
(Anup K. Pujari)
Director General of Foreign Trade
E-mail: [email protected]
(Issued from F.No.01/93/180/37/AM11/PC-2(B))