TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY
PART II SECTION 3 , SUB-SECTION (ii)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
NOTIFICATION No. 32 (RE-2001)/1997-2002
NEW DELHI, the 12th October, 2001
S.O.(E) In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 5 of the Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act,1992 (No.22 of 1992) read with Paragraphs 1.3 and 4.11 of the Export and Import Policy, 1997-2002(incorporating amendments made up to 31.3.2001), the Central Government hereby makes the following amendments in the ITC(HS) Classification of Export and Import items, 1997-2002 (incorporating amendments made up to 31 August, 1998) as amended from time to time :-
In continuation of Notification No.20 (RE-2001)/1997-2002 dated the 27th July, 2001 releasing a specified quota of onion for export, the following additions shall be made against the Code No.0703 (1) in Table B of Schedule 2 of the said ITC (HS) relating to “onions (all varieties other than Bangalore Rose onion and Krishnapuram onions)” under the column ‘ nature of restriction’: –
“ Further, another 50,000 (Fifty Thousand) Metric Tonnes of onions is allowed for export through the following agencies/State Trading Enterprises for the quantities indicated against each: –
(i) National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing 17,500 M.Ts.
Federation of India Ltd.(NAFED)
(ii) Maharashtra State Agricultural Marketing Board 17,500M.Ts. (MSAMB)
(iii) Gujarat Agro Industries Corporation Ltd. 5,000 M.Ts.
(iv) The Spices Trading Corporation Ltd.(STCL) 2,000 M.Ts.
(v) AP-State Trading Corporation 2,500 M.Ts.
(vi) The Karnataka State Co-operative 2,000 M.Ts.
Marketing Federation Ltd.(KSCMF)
(vii) The National Co-operative Consumers’ 2,500 M.Ts.
Federation of India Ltd.(NCCF)
(viii) The North Karnataka Onion Growers 1,000 M.Ts.
2. These STEs /agencies shall export directly or through the Registered Exporters on the same terms and conditions as laid down in earlier Notification No.16 (RE-2000)/1997-2002 dated 17.5.2000 except condition relating to time prescribed for export for which the date indicated in Para-3 below will apply.
3. The quantity of onions released as above shall be allowed for export by 30th November 2001.
4. It has further been decided to extend the shipment period for export of the unutilized balance quantity of the onion, if any, out of the 1,00,000 Metric tones released for export vide Notification No.16 (RE-2001)/1997-2002 dated the 26th June, 2001 and Notification No. 20(RE-2001)/1997-2002 dated 27th July, 2001 up to 15th October, 2001.
5. It has also been decided to amend the Notification No. 21(RE-2000)/1997-2002 dated 26th June, 2000 and to appoint the Karnataka State Co-operative Marketing Federation Ltd., (KSCMF), Bangalore as another State Trading Enterprises/agency for the export of Bangalore Rose Onion in addition to the Karnataka Agricultural Produce Processing and Export Corporation (KAPPEC), Bangalore. The name of KSCMF may be included along with KAPPEC and AP MARKFED in respect of conditions stipulated for export in the above notification.
6. This issues in Public interest.
DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
Copy to all concerned, by order etc.
DY.DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
(ISSUED FROM FILE NO. 01/91/162/430/AM.99/PC.III)