Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhavan, New Delhi – 110 011.
Policy Circular No. 12/2009-2014
Dated: 23rd October, 2009
All Regional Authorities;
All Commissioners of Customs.
Sub : Import licences for Rough Marble Blocks/Slabs – Issue of balance quota for the year 2009-10 as per New Policy.
Attention is invited to DGFT Notification No. 15/2009-2014 dated 15th October, 2009 and amendment Notification No. 16 dated 23.10.2009 on the subject mentioned above.
2. Applications are invited for issue of import licences for rough marble blocks / slabs for the balance of the year 2009-10 from the eligible applicants as per the New Policy announced on 15th October, 2009. The balance quota for the year shall be 1.6 lakh MT.
3. The applicants may submit their application, in the relevant Aayaat Niryaat Form, along with the documents prescribed under Policy Circular No. 20 dated 16.7.2008 and Policy Circular No. 25 dated 8.8.2008. However, the time limits and relevant years mentioned in the two Policy Circulars would be modified so as to be in consonance with the Notification No. 15/2009-2014 dated 15th October, 2009 (and amendment Notification No. 16 dated 23.10.2009). Accordingly:-
(a) The established gang saw in the Unit should be in the name of the Unit as on date of this Circular, as certified by State Industry Department (District Industry Centre). The gang saw should also not be ‘on Lease’ from any other party;
(b) SSI/SIA Registration Certificate should show the Unit being in operation prior to 31.3.2004;
(c) The list of equipments / capital goods (other than gang saw) set up by the applicant in the Unit for processing marble slabs / tiles should be prior to 31.3.2004, as per Balance Sheet as on 31.3.2004 duly certified by a Chartered Accountant;
(d) Income Tax Return for the year 2003-04 indicating processing of marble by the Unit duly certified by a Chartered Accountant;
(e) CA Certificate indicating indigenous sales turnover of marble slabs / tiles of years 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09; and
(f) A copy of Chartered Accountant certified statement of accounts, filed along with Balance Sheet to Income Tax authorities for each of the years i.e. 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2007-08 and 2008-09 (in order to prove the indigenous sales turnover of marble slabs / tiles of atleast Rs. 1 crore in each of the 5 years).
4. The last date for receipt of application shall be 2.11.2009. The applications may be submitted to the concerned RA of DGFT.
5. The inter-se allocation of quota shall be computed based on the full quota for the year 2009-10 as per the Policy notified vide Notification No. 15/2009-2014 dated 15th October, 2009 (and as amended by Notification No. 16 dated 23rd October, 2009). The quantities to eligible applicants shall be pro-rated for the balance quota of this year (after the said computation for the whole year).
6. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from File No. 01/89/180/Misc-06/AM 08/ PC-I A)