No. EDI/ Misc.-51/2014/JNCH
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 23/2019
Sub: Entity Registration and Approval under new Sea Manifest Regulations – reg.
The new Sea Cargo Manifest and Transhipment Regulations (SCMTR), 2018 notified vide Board’s Notification 38/2018 – Cus (N.T.), dated 11.05.2018 will come into force shortly.
2. As a first step, the various stakeholders, from shipping lines to custodians will have to file an application to operate under the new regulations. Even the exporters using the eSeal facility as per Board’s Circular No. 26/2017, dated 01.07.2017 read with Circular No. 36/2017, dated 28.08.2017, will have to apply in the same form. To begin with, application has been opened for shipping lines, shipping agents and exporters (IEC holders). The application will have the details of the master applicant entity, persons authorized by them to work on their behalf, the various operations they intend to perform under the new regulations and supporting documents like address proof, contract/agreement, cases booked against them etc.
3. The master applicant entity will have to submit the application through their login on the ICEGATE web portal. The application will then be routed to ICES for approval by jurisdictional customs officer. The Apprising Officer (EDI) will verify all the pending applications along with the supporting documents like address proof , approve them and wherever necessary, raise a query to the applicant. A detailed guidance note on the application process, application form and the various codes, terms and validations has been made available on the ICEGATE web portal as part of a detailed technical guidance note on SCMTR for the benefit of the stakeholders.
4. It is decided that all stake holders, particularly IECs who would be availing the benefit of eSealing may immediately register on the ICEGATE portal. Doubts, if any, may be emailed to Dy./Assistant Commissioner, EDI, JNCH at edi@jawaharcustoms .gov.in.
Commissioner of Customs (NS-I),
JNCH, Nhava Sheva.
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH for information.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. Notice Board, JNCH.
4. The DC/EDI for uploading on the JNCH Website.