OFFICE OF THE PR. COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS – I),
APPRAISING MAIN (IMPORT),
JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA- SHEVA,TAL-URAN,
(e-mail:[email protected]; Telephone No.022-27244979)
F. No. S/22-Gen-20/2020-21/AM (I)/JNCH
STANDING ORDER NO. 03/2021
Subject: Further Enhancements in ICES in respect of Faceless Assessment- reg…
Attention of all the officers and staff of JNCH is drawn to Directorate General of Systems and Data Management, CBIC, Advisory No. 03/2021 dated 21.01.2021, on the above subject.
2. Please refer to the various Advisories issued from time to time by Directorate General of Systems and Data Management, CBIC, on the Systemic implementation of Faceless Assessment. Continuing with the spirit of system-based facilitation and furthering better administration of the process of Faceless Assessment, following more enhancements have been enabled in ICES.
3. Faceless Assessment related changes for Group wise VDN: Currently, the officer(s) having VDN role can administer over every FAG group at that site. At many FAG sites, however, different JC/ADCs have been given administrative charge over different groups. Thus, allotting specific group(s) to different VDN officers has also been enabled in System now. The groups to VDN can be allotted through the group management option in the ADN role. This will further streamline the process of allocation of the Bills of Entry of particular FAG groups to the respective VDNs. The different permission approvals for any Bill of Entry like first check approval etc. will also get routed to the VDN of that specific group. The above changes are effective from 23.01.2021 in ICES. Therefore, the SM/ASM having ADN role may allot the groups to respective VDN officers at the beginning of the effective date.
4. Option to seek approval for raising more than one query: Para 2.2 of Board’s Circular 45/2020 dated 12.10.2020 outlines the need to ensure that queries are minimized to the extent absolutely necessary for carrying out the assessment along with monitoring the same. Towards this, similar to the provision enabled in the system for seeking approval for first check, the option has now been enabled where the FAG AC/DC can refer the queries raised to the importer (in case of more than one query) for JC/ADCs approval. The same can be approved by the JC/ADC in charge of that FAG using the Permission Approval option in the VDN role.
Further, for the benefit of the JC/ADCs, the option to view the respective BE has also been given in the Permission Approval menu itself now. The above changes related to Faceless Assessment are effective from 23.01.2021 in ICES.
5. Difficulty, if any, faced in implementation of the said Standing Order may be brought to the notice of the Addl. /Joint Commissioner (Appraising Main (Import)) through email on appra i sin gmai n.j [email protected] in.
Pr. Commissioner of Customs
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/II, NS-I/Audit, NS-III and NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional/Joint Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy/Assistant Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups/FAG of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II /NS-III/NS- Audit/NS-V, JNCH.
6. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.