Government of India
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
All Exporters/Members of Trade
All Designated Issuing Agencies
In continuation to the earlier Trade Notice 42/2020-2021 dated 19.02.2021, it is informed that the electronic platform for Certificate of Origin (CoO) (URL: https://coo.dgft.gov.in ) is being expanded beyond Preferential Certificate of Origin to facilitate electronic application of Non-Preferential Certificates of Origin.
2. The objective of the platform is to provide an electronic, contact-less single window for the CoO related processes. Applications for Non-Preferential Certificate of Origin may also be submitted through e-CoO platform w.e.f. 15th April 2021. However, there shall be a transition period for CoO(NP) issuing agencies to on-board this common digital platform. Submitting CoO(NP) applications on this online platform shall not be mandatory for the exporters in the immediate. The existing procedure of submitting paper CoO applications directly to the designated issuing agency shall also be in operation in parallel. Submission and issuance of CoO(NP) by the issuing agencies through their paper based system may continue up to 31st July 2021 or until further orders.
3. It may be noted here that for online Non-Preferential Certificate of Origin applications, the e-CoO system shall generate a set of three (3) CoO leaves i.e. electronic, original and duplicate. The electronic copy shall bear the image signature of the officer and stamp of the issuing agency. The other copies shall not bear the image sign and seal of the issuing agency. Wherever required, the exporter may choose to get the prints of these remaining copies duly signed in wet-ink by the issuing officer along with the stamp of the issuing office.
4. As part of this online CoO(NP) application process, the exporters can also choose to avail the option of requesting for attestation of the supporting documents submitted with the said application, wherever required. These wet ink signed copies of the CoO(NP) and the attested documents (if any) may be collected by the applicant exporter by post or in person, for suitable submission to the concerned authorities in the importing country.
5. The authenticity of the online CoO(NP) issued shall be verifiable through QR code displayed on the certificate. Additionally, verification may also be done by keying the certificate number at the verification link on the e-CoO platform ( https://coo.dgft.gov.in ).
6. The concerned Indian Exporters may please take note of the following points with regard to the process being notified herewith:
8. For further guidance on registration and application submission process, the Help Manual & FAQs may be accessed on the landing page at https://coo.dgft.gov.in . For any further assistance you may utilize any of the following channels —
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
(Md. Moin Afaque)
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from File No. 01/02/54/AM21/EG&TF)