Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan: New Delhi.
Trade Notice No. 12/2015 , dated 13th January, 2016
1. All Regional Authorities
2. All Members of Trade
3. All Export Promotion Councils
Subject: Zero tolerance to corruption
It bears no repetition that the highest standards of integrity are to be maintained by all government servants in discharge of their official duties.
2. This aspect has been repeatedly stressed in all departmental meetings and video conferences, wherein it has been stressed that RAs must ensure the highest standards of integrity and transparency in their offices and zero tolerance should be shown for any blemish that comes to light in this regard. Apart from being abhorrent and criminal by definition, deserving strictest action by way of prosecution and departmental action, acts of corruption also bring the entire governmental structure into disrepute and cause inconvenience and harassment to citizens availing services from it.
3. It is reiterated that the strictest vigil be kept in this regard and the highest standard of integrity ensured. Officers and staff with dubious reputation may be identified and placed on a ‘Watch List’ and closely monitored and be kept in non-sensitive positions. Work rotation to avoid long tenures in sensitive positions may also be ensured. RAs may also identify touts and middlemen who operate in their offices and immediately report their names for necessary action to authorities concerned and make them persona non grata in the offices.
4. By way of this Trade Notice, this information is shared with the entire Exporter/Importer community to elicit their cooperation in fulfilling the above objective. The entire Exporter/Importer community is requested to act in unison and not cooperate with any such improper activity and immediately bring it to the knowledge of senior officers including DGFT and the Vigilance apparatus. Relevant telephone nos, emails are given below. Trade Community is also requested to not encourage middlemen and touts who accentuate this problem and report them to the department so that they can be made persona non grata in the DGFT offices.
1. Director General of Foreign Trade
Ph.: 011-2306277, 23063436
2. Shri D.K. Singh
3. Shri Bhupinder Singh Shalla
Joint Secretary (Vigilance)
Department of Commerce
Director General of Foreign Trade
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
(Issued from File No. 4/112016/Vig./)