OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-III),
RMS FACILITATION CENTRE,
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
NHAVA SHEVA, URAN, RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA – 400 707
F. No. EDI/MISC-118/2016/JNCH Part-ii
PUBLIC NOTICE No. 118/2019
SUB:- Debiting of ‘Country of Origin’ certificate – reg.
Attention of importers, Customs brokers, members of trade and all other stakeholders is invited to this Custom House Public Notice No.33/2019 dtd. 22.04.2019 on ‘Turant Customs – Next generation reform for Ease of Doing Business’.
2. In this regard, it has been observed that in Bills of Entry involving ‘Country of Origin’ benefit, the Bill of Entry is removed from queue by the OOC officer for want of COO certificate. Subsequently, the importer or his Customs broker is required to visit RMS Facilitation Centre for debiting of Country of Origin (COO) Certificate and get ‘Out of Charge’ thereafter. This increases the dwell time taken in clearance of goods.
3. Accordingly, it has been decided that for Bills of Entry having ‘Country of Origin’ benefit, the importer/CB will get the same debited in advance from officer of RMS Facilitation Centre by submitting the hard copy of Bill of Entry alongwith the original copy of COO Certificate before registration of B/E and upload the debited COO certificate in e-sanchit. For this purpose, a dedicated counter has been opened at RMS Facilitation Centre wherein AO/Admin., Sh. Dilip Limje will debit all ‘Country of Origin’ certificates. The OOC officers in RMS Facilitation Centre will verify the debited ‘Country of Origin’ certificate in e-sanchit and on the basis of same will give ‘Out of Charge’ to the Bill of Entry coming on their screen. With this procedure, there will be no need of removing from queue bills of entry having COO benefit.
4. Action to be taken in terms of decision taken in this Public Notice should be considered as Standing Order for the purpose of officers.
5. Difficulty, if any, may be immediately brought to the notice of Joint Commissioner / Deputy Commissioner, RMS Facilitation Centre, JNCH.
(S. K. VIMALANATHAN)
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-III
COPY TO ;
1. The Pr. Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone – II.
2. All the Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
3. DC/RMS Facilitation Centre, JNCH.
4. DC/EDI – For uploading on JNCH website.
5. BCBA – For information and circulation among their members.