OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS –I, III &V)
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA, URAN,
DIST: RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA – 400 707.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone No.27244889
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 41 /2017
Sub: – Customs Clearance in case of RMS facilitated BEs for the import of pulses for DPD/AEO Clients – Reg.
Attention of all the Importers, Customs Brokers, and the members of the Trade is invited with regard to the import of Pulses. It has been decided to streamline the import procedure for import of pulses especially when the importer is a DPD client and Bill of Entry is RMS facilitated i.e. under “No assessment, & No examination.” The procedure, in such cases, will be as under:
(i)The DPD holder importer! CB will mandatorily file a prior!advance bill of entry for home consumption or for warehouse as per their convenience and without affecting the dwell time in clearance of cargo.
(ii) The said importer! CB will provide both DPD & CFS codes (Stacking Code) to the shipping line 72 hours in advance so that their container can be stacked by terminal in stacking code heap. The importer will not be allowed to exercise the option of only DPD code for the purpose of stacking, as the drawl of sample is required by PQ authorities.
(iii) The importer/ CB shall furnish “No Use Bond” as prescribed under PN 182/2016. The said Bond will be accepted by the concerned Group Officers or by the concerned CFS Officers, in case Group-is not working that day. The concerned CFS’s Officers shall forward all such accepted “No Use Bonds” to the concerned Appraising Group on very next working day and shall maintain record in this behalf. The Concerned Appraising Group shall maintain the records of all such Bonds and deal with same as per the required NOCs submitted by the concerned importer!CB and shall proceed with necessary legal action in event of a contrary report by the PGAs or non-submission of report!NOC by the importer!CB within a reasonable period of time.
(iv) The importer! CB shall obtain OOC either from the RMS facilitation Centre or from CFS of their choice, as per their convenience, by producing the copy of “No Use Bond” to the OOC Officer.
(v) The importer! CB shall fulfill the requirement of drawl of sample, in co-ordination with the PGA, in the DPD Area of concerned CFS.
(vi) If the said NOC takes more than 2 days, then the said importer! CB will get the OOC cancelled and will change the BE from home consumption to warehouse BE.
2. The above said procedure is exclusively for DPD importers only in case their B!E is RMS facilitated and they submit DPD code as well as CFS code (Stacking Code) to the Shipping Lines! Terminals. In all other cases the procedure for import will remain as existing.
3. Difficulties, if any, faced in implementation of these instructions may be brought to the notice of the undersigned.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-III
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II
2. The Pr. Commissioner/All the Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II
3. All Addl. /Joint Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II
4. All Deputy/Asst. Commissioner of Customs Mumbai Zone-II
5. The DC/EDI for uploading on the JNCH Website
6. The Superintendent, Boarding office, JNCH
7. Port Terminals (JNPCT/NSICT/GTI)