F.No.- DIC/WEB/1/2020-WEB-O/o Pr COMMR-DIC-DELHI-Part(1)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
Directorate of International Customs
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs/ Customs (Preventive),
AII Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs & Central tax,
AII Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs/ Customs (Preventive),
AII Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs & Central tax
The AEO application processing for AEO T1 on the web-based portal <www.aeoindia.gov.in> has been functional since December 2018. To take this endeavor for digitization forward, in line with the government’s Digital India initiative, the Board has decided to launch a new version (V 2.0) for on-boarding of AEO T2 and AEO T3 applicants by way of online filing, real-time monitoring, and digital certification.
2. This updated version of the existing web application <URL www.aeoindia.gov.in» will be made accessible for both applicants and the customs officials from 07.07.2021.
3. The new version (V 0) of the web application is designed to ensure continuous, real-time, and digital monitoring of the physically filed AEO T2 and AEO T3 applications for timely intervention and expedience. The AEO T2 and AEO T3 applicants, on submission of the physical documents in the jurisdictional Principal Chief Commissioner/ Chief Commissioner’s office (AEO Cell), shall register on AEO web application. On successful registration, the applicant shall upload the duly filled relevant annexures for their AEO T2 or AEO T3 application, as the case may be. The applicants who are already registered (Existing T1 status holder applying for T2) at aeoindia.gov.in are not required to register again. The existing login credentials can be straightaway utilized for uploading either the AEO T2 or AEO T3 application annexures, if eligible, as per the Circular 33/2016- customs dated 22.07.2016 as amended.
4. Once the relevant annexures are uploaded by the applicant, the applicant will be able to monitor the processing of their application at each stage in real time on their dashboard. In addition, in case of any deficiency in the application, the same can be responded through online upload of required additional documents by the applicant on the web application
5. A step wise guide for filing of AEO T2 and AEO T3 application by the applicant is available on the CBIC website under the “indian AEO Programme” section at the following URL https://www cbic.gov in/htdocs-cbec/home links/india-aeo-prqm. The guide is also available at gov.in under the ”Download” section which can be used as a ready reckoned for help with V 2.0 of the web application and its functionalities. The step wise guide for customs officials shall be circulated over mail separately for internal circulation only.
6. To ensure smooth roll-out, it has been decided that till 31.07.2021, the AEO T2 & AEO T3 applicants would be allowed to physically file AEO application without registering on the AEO portal as a transition measure. However, from 01.08.2021, it will be mandatory for AEO T2 and AEO T3 applicants to register on the portal for AEO certification. The AEO T2 and AEO T3 application filed at the office of the jurisdictional Principal Chief Commissioner/ Chief Commissioner before 07.07.2021 are not required to be filed online and may continue to be processed manually, except where migration on web-application is requested by the existing AEO T2 and AEO T3 applicants, while ensuring that the AEO certification process is not delayed.
7. The Circular 33/2016- customs dated 22.07.2016 as amended stands suitably modified to this effect.
8. Wide publicity may be given to this Circular by issuance of Trade/Public Notice by the concerned field formation.
9. Difficulties, if any, in the implementation of this Circular may be brought to the notice of this office.
10. Hindi version will follow.
Directorate of International Customs