F. No. 401/54/2021-Cus-Ill
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs)
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 27th October, 2021
All Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners of Customs/Customs (Preventive),
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs & Central tax,
All Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs/ Customs (Preventive),
All Principal Commissioners/ Commissioners of Customs & Central tax,
Subject: – Import of crushed and de-oiled GM soya cake – Relaxation in applicability of provision in Para 6 (b) of General Notes Regarding Import Policy Schedule — I (Imports) of the ITC(HS) 2017, Schedule [(Import Policy)-reg
Kind reference is invited to DGFT’s Notification No. 20/2015-2020, dated 24.08.2021, amended further by Notification No. 23/2015-2020, dated 03.09.2021, Notification No. 25/2015-2020 dated 13.09.2021, Notification No. 32/2015-2020 dated 25.09.2021 and Notification No. 36/2015-2020 dated 08.10.2021 and CBIC’s instructions dated 28.08.2021. 04.09.2021, 25.09.2021 and 12.10.2021 (copies of the said Notifications and Instructions enclosed)
2. As per the the above said Notifications and Board Instructions:
(i) The Central Government has relaxed the provision in Para 6 of General Notes Regarding Import Policy, Schedule — I (Imports) of the ITC(HS), 2017. Accordingly. Condition No. 6 (b) of General Notes Regarding Import Policy Schedule -I (Imports) of the ITC (HS) 2017 will not apply to import of 12 Lakh Metric ton of crushed and de-oiled GM soya cake (only Non-living organism).
(ii) The subject goods are classifiable under ITC HS codes 23040020 and 23040030.
(iii) The above mentioned import is allowed only through Nhava Sheva Sea Port (INNSA1), LCS Petrapole (INPTPB), Mumbai Sea Port (INBOM1), Tuticorin Sea Port (INTUT1), Vishakhapatnam Sea Port (INVTZ1), Ghojadanga LCS (INGJXB), Kolkata Port (INCCU1) and Ranaghat Railway Station (INRNG2), till 31st October, 2021 or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
3. Further, vide Notification No. 25/2015-2020 dated 13.09.2021, DGFT has amended the last date of import i.e. 31st October 2021 in Para 3 of Notification No. 20/2015-2020, dated 24.08.2021 to read as “the last date of shipment or the Bill of Lading date (in case of permitted Seaports) or Lorry Receipt date (in case of LCS Petrapole) shall be 31.10.2021 or until further orders, whichever is earlier. Further, import consignments of these items with Bill of Lading/Lorry Receipt issued on or before 31st October, 2021 shall not be allowed by Customs beyond 31st January 2022.”
4. To facilitate the identification of crushed and de-oiled GM Soya cake, necessary changes have been made in the Bill of Entry format for ITC HS Codes 23040020 and 23040030, to declare the GM status (i.e genetically modified or not) and grade of the product (i.e.Fit for Human or Animal consumption).
5. Considering the quantity, port and time restriction on import of the subject goods, the daily quantum of clearance of the above product is being published on the CBIC website (https://www.cbic.gov.in/htdocs-cbec/home_links/imp-soya) for the benefit and convenience of the Importers. The Importers may be accordingly sensitised about the above facility for planning their Imports in advance, given the quantitative, port and time restrictions in force.
6. Suitable Public Notices for guidance of Importers and trade and orders for officers for sensitising them, may be issued. Difficulty, if any, may be brought to the notice of the Board.
7. Hindi version follows.
Encl: As above
Under Secretary to the Government of India