OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-I) MUMBAI ZONE-II, JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA, TALUKA: URAN, DISTRICT RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA-400707.
F. No. S/22-Gen-402/2017-18/AM(I)Part-III
Date: 26 .06.2020
Subject: Drawl and Collection of Sample for Animal Quarantine NOC-reg.
Attention of the importers, exporters, Customs Brokers and all other stakeholders is invited to the above mentioned subject. The trade has represented regarding hardship being faced in respect of drawl and collection of sample of Livestock Products for the purpose of obtaining NOC from Animal Quarantine & Certification Services (AQCS) if so mandated by SWIFT.
2. Presently no staff from Animal Quarantine Department (AQCS) has been deployed at JNCH for drawl and collection of sample. Therefore, the samples are being drawn for AQCS in presence of the customs officer and sealed samples are delivered to Customs broker for depositing the same in the Animal Quarantine office located at Kopar khairane, Navi Mumbai. AQCS has also expressed their inability to depute AQO for JNCH on full time basis due to staff shortage.
3. The matter was taken up with Animal Quarantine Department. AQCS has agreed to depute one officer exclusively for JNCH for half day to collect the samples for further processing of their NOC. Accordingly, it has now been decided that the sample for the purpose of animal quarantine will be drawn in presence of Customs officer and Customs broker/importer. The sealed sample shall be collected by the customs officers of Central Sample Cell (CSC) from various CFSs to CSC, JNCH. Subsequently these samples shall be handed over to the officer of Animal Quarantine & Certification Services at CSC, JNCH who shall come daily (Monday-Friday) for half day for sample collection. After collection of sample, the AQCS officer will take necessary action regarding NOC. Therefore, the importers /CBs are not required to handover the samples to the AQCS office at Koparkhairne. The Docks DCs are directed to sensitise their staff as well as CFS, accordingly.
4. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of DC/AC in charge of Appraising Main (Import), NS-I through email at [email protected].
5. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
(SUNIL KUMAR MALL)
Commissioner of Customs (NS-I)
1. The Pr. Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II/NS-III/ NS-IV / NS- V, JNCH.
3. The Chairman JNPT / CEO NSICT / CEO GTI / CEO BMCT for information.
4. All Additional / Joint Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
6. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
7. Representative of CSLA & MANSA for information and circulation among their members and other shipping lines operating at Nhava Sheva Port.
8. Representative of CFSAI / BCBA / FIEO / Members of PTFC for information and circulation among their members and other importers for information.
9. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.
10. Quarantine officer-WR, Koper Khairane, Navi Mumbai.