Amendment of Notification No.134/2016-Customs (N.T.) dated 02.11.2016 for omitting Rule 4 of the Deferred Payment of Import Duty Rules, 2016 vide Notification No. 79/2020-Customs (N.T.) dated 19th of August, 2020.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF INDIRECT TAXES AND CUSTOMS)
New Delhi, the 19th of August , 2020
G.S.R. 514(E). – In exercise of the powers conferred by proviso to sub-section (1) of section 47 and section 156 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Deferred Payment of Import Duty Rules, 2016, namely :—
1. Short title and commencement :-
(1) These rules may be called the Deferred Payment of Import Duty (Amendment) Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Deferred Payment of Import Duty Rules,2016, Rule 4 shall be omitted.
3. Rules 5 to 8 shall be re-numbered as Rules 4 to 7, respectively.
[F. No 450/81/2016- Cus IV]
Deputy Secretary (Customs)
Note: The principal Notification No.134/2016-Customs(N.T.) dated the 2nd of November, 2016 was published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, sub-section (i), vide number G.S.R. 1037(E), dated the 2nd November 2016, and was last amended by Notification No.28/2017-Customs(N.T.) dated the 31st of March, 2017, vide number G.S.R. 321(E) dated the 31st March 2017.