MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 21st February, 2019
The following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President on the 21st February, 2019, and is hereby published for general information:—
NO. 6 OF 2019
[21st February, 2019.]
An Act further to amend the Divorce Act, 1869, the Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939, the Special Marriage Act, 1954, the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 and the Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act, 1956.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Seventieth Year of the Republic of India as follows:—
1. Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Personal Laws (Amendment) Act, 2019.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
AMENDMENT TO THE DIVORCE ACT, 1869
2. Amendment of section 10 of Act No. 4 of 1869.
In the Divorce Act, 1869, in section 10, in sub-section (1), clause (iv) shall be omitted.
AMENDMENT TO THE DISSOLUTION OF MUSLIM MARRIAGES ACT, 1939
3. Amendment of section 2 of Act No. 8 of 1939.
In the Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939, in section 2, in ground (vi), the words ‘leprosy or’ shall be omitted.
AMENDMENT TO THE SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT, 1954
4. Amendment of section 27 of Act No. 43 of 1954.
In the Special Marriage Act, 1954, in section 27, in sub-section (1), clause (g) shall be omitted.
AMENDMENT TO THE HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, 1955
5. Amendment of section 13 of Act No. 25 of 1955.
In the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, in section 13, in sub-section (1), clause (iv) shall be omitted.
AMENDMENT TO THE HINDU ADOPTIONS AND MAINTENANCE ACT, 1956
6. Amendment of section 18 of Act No. 78 of 1956.
In the Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act, 1956 in section 18, in sub-section (2), clause (c) shall be omitted.
G. NARAYANA RAJU,
Secretary to the Govt. of India.