MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 30th December, 2021/Pausa 9, 1943 (Saka)
The following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President on the 29th December, 2021 and is hereby published for general information:—
THE NARCOTIC DRUGS AND PSYCHOTROPIC SUBSTANCES
(AMENDMENT) ACT, 2021
(NO. 48 OF 2021)
[29th December, 2021.]
An Act further to amend the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Seventy-second Year of the Republic of India as follows:—
1. Short title and commencement. (1) This Act may be called the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Amendment)Act, 2021.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st day of May, 2014.
2. Amendment of section 27A. In section 27A of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, for the words, brackets, letters and figure “clause (viiia) of section 2″, the words, brackets, letters and figure “clause (viiib) of section 2″ shall be substituted.
3. Repeal and savings. (1) The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021 is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the principal Act, as amended by the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of the principal Act, as amended by this Act.
DR. REETA VASISHTA,
Secretary to the Govt. of India.