Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
24th March, 2021
All Life, General and Stand Alone Health Insurers (Except AIC and ECGC)
Re: Extension of timelines for sale and renewal of short term Covid specific health insurance policies
1. Reference is invited to the short term Covid specific health insurance policies permitted to be offered by all Insurers.
2. In partial modification of Clause 5 of Guidelines on introduction of short term health insurance policies providing coverage for COVID-19 specific diseases of Circular no: IRDAI/HLT/REG/CIR/156/06/2020 dated 23.06.2020 all insurers are permitted to offer and renew short term Covid specific health policies up to 30.9.2021.
3. Accordingly, Corona Kavach Policies offered as per Guidelines on Covid Standard Indemnity based Health Policy of Circular ref no. IRDAI/HLT/REG/CIR/163/06/2020 dated 26.09.2020 and Corona Rakshak Policies offered as per Guidelines on Covid Standard benefit based Health Policy of Circular ref no. IRDAI/HLT/REG/CIR/164/06/2020 dated 26.06.2020 are permitted to be offered and renewed by all insurers up to 30.9.2021.
4. All other terms and conditions remain valid as specified under the respective guidelines.
5. This has the approval of competent authority.
GENERAL MANAGER (Health)