INSURANCE REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF INDIA
All Insurance Companies and Third Party Administrators
Re: Extension of timelines to comply with the Standards and Benchmarks for the Hospitals in the Provider Network
1. Reference is invited to Chapter IV of the Guidelines on Standardization in Health Insurance under Section 1 of Master Circular ref: IRDAI/HLT/REG/CIR/193/07/2020 dated 22nd July, 2020 [hereafter referred as Chapter IV].
2. In partial modification of the captioned guidelines, taking into consideration the prevailing COVID 19 pandemic, the timelines for complying with the standards and benchmarks specified at Clause (a) (i) and (ii) of Chapter IV stands extended for a further period of one year for all the existing network providers.
3. The norms specified at Clause a (iii) of Chapter IV shall continue to be applicable for all the new entrants.
4. There is no change in the other norms specified therein.
5. This Circular is issued in terms of Regulation 31(e) of the IRDAI (Health Insurance) Regulations 2016.
General Manager (Health)