GOVERNMENT OF OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL AND TRAINING
Dated: April 25, 2015
1. All Secretaries to the Govt. of India (as per standard mailing list)
2. All Chief Secretaries of State Governments
3. All Administrators of the Union Territories
Sub: Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 – extension of last date for filing of revised returns by public servants who have filed property returns under the existing service rules – reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s D.O. letter of even number dated 29th December, 2014 regarding the furnishing of information relating to assets and liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 and forwarding therewith copies of the Central Goverment’s notifications dated 26th December, 2014 containing –
(a) amendment to the Lokpal & Lokayuktas (Removal of Difficulties) Order, 2014, for the purpose of extending the time limit for carrying out necessary changes in the relevant rules relating to different services from “three hundred and sixty days” to “eighteen months”, from the date on which the Act came into force, i.e., 16th January, 2014; and
(b) the Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the Limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Amendment Rules, 2014, extending the time limit for filing of revised returns by all public servants from 31st December, 2014 to 30th April, 2015.
2. In this regard, the undersigned is directed to convey that the last date for filing of revised returns by public servants under the rules indicated in para 1 (b) above has now been further extended from 30th April, 2015 to 15th October, 2015. Formal amendments to the Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the Limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Rules, 2014 and to the Lokpal & Lokayuktas (Removal of Difficulties) Order, 2014 are being notified separately. They will also be uploaded on the website to this Departments, i.e., http://persmin.nic.in/DOPT.asp.
3. All Ministries/Departments and cadre authorities are requested to kindly issue orders towards ensuring compliance with the revised Rules by all officers and staff in the respective Ministry/Department/Organisations/PSUs under their control, within the revised time-limit mentioned thereon.
Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India