The Delhi Police issues order for Tenant Verification under Section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 from time to time, making it punishable for the Landlords, Tenants and Persons dealing in property (Property Dealers/Real Estate Agents or Brokers), under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 if the landlord and persons dealing in property fail to furnish the particulars of the tenant(s) in writing and the tenant(s) fails to inform in writing about the accommodation taken on rent, to the Station House Officer of the Police Station concerned, in whose jurisdiction the property/premises falls.
NOTE : The highlighted portions as are marked in ‘Yellow Colour’ in the PDF file attached/uploaded herewith, are found to be more important/relevant/interesting. The said file as is created is meant for information purposes only, considering the issue(s) involved therein, being believed to be of social interests and/or importance.
Whereas, reports have been received that due to the situation prevailing in the area of Police Stations of Sub-Division Sadar Bazar of North District, Delhi specified below, it is apprehended that terrorists/ anti-social elements may seek hideouts in the residential areas of the said police Stations and there is every likelihood of breach of peace and disturbance of public tranquility and also there is grave danger to human life and safety and injury to public property on that account.
1. Sadar Bazar
2. Subzi Madi
3. Bara Hindu Rao.
2. And whereas it is necessary that some checks should be put on landlords/tenants so that terrorists/ anti-social elements in the guise of tenants may not cause explosion riots, shoot-outs, affray etc. and that immediate action is necessary for the prevention of the same.
3. Now, therefore. in exercise to the powers conferred upon The Commissioner of Police, Delhi by Section 144 Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 (No. 2 of 1974) read with Govt. of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi’s Notification No. U-11036/(i) UTL, dated 01/07/1978 and further delegated to the undersigned vide Goivt. Of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi’s Notification No. F-11036/1/2010-UTL dated 09/09/2010, I, Kali Ram Malik, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Sub-Division Sadar Bazar, North District, Delhi do hereby make this written order that no landlord/ owner/ person of any house property which falls under the jurisdiction of area of the Police Stations mentioned above, shall let/ sublet/ rent out any accommodation to any person, unless and until, he has furnished the particulars of the said tenant (s) to the Station House Officer of the Police Station concerned. All persons who intend to take accommodation on rent shall inform (in writing) in this regard to the Station House Officer concerned in whose jurisdiction the premises falls. The persons dealing in property business shall also inform (in writing) to the Station House Officer concerned in whose jurisdiction the premises falls about the particulars of the said tenants.
4. These orders shall come into force with effect from 26.12.2014 and shall remain in force for a period of 60 days upto 23.02.2015 (both days inclusive) unless withdrawn earlier.
5. Any person contravening these orders shall be liable to be published in accordance with the provisions of Section 188 of the Indian Panel Code.
6. As the notice cannot be served individually on all concerned, the order is hereby passed ex-parte. It shall be published for the information of public through the Press and by affixing copies on–the notice board of the offices of all DCsP, Addl. DCsP, Tehsil offices, all Police Stations and the offices of NDMC, MCD, PWD, DDA, Delhi Cantt. Board.
(Kali Ram Malik)
Asstt. Commissioner of Police
Sub-Division Sadar Bazar, Delhi.
No. 8217-8313 ACP/Sadar Bazar, North Distt., dated Delhi the 24.12.14
Copy forwarded for information and necessary action to the:-
1. Secretary of Government of India, MHA, New Delhi.
2. Chief Secretary Government of NCT of Delhi.
3. Secretary to Lt. Governor, Delhi.
4. All Secretaries Govt. Of NCT of Delhi.
5. Deputy Director I. B., MHA, GOI, Delhi.
6. Secretary , NDMC (2 copies) with the request that one copy of the order may be got pasted on the notice board outside the committee’s office.