MINISTRY OF SOCIAL JUSTICE AND EMPOWERMENT
[Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)]
New Delhi, the 3rd March, 2017
S.O. 727(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, bring in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (hereinafter referred to as Department), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is implementing the National Action Plan for Skill Training of Persons with Disabilities under the Central Sector Scheme for Implementation of Persons with Disability Act, 1995 (SIPDA) (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme) for providing skill training to persons with disabilities (hereinafter referred to as the beneficiaries) through Empanelled Training Partners (hereinafter referred to as implementing agencies);
And whereas, under the said Scheme, cash benefits namely, transport cost, boarding and lodging cost, conveyance cost, cost for post placement support etc. (whichever is applicable as per norms of the Scheme) (hereinafter referred to as benefits) and services, namely, skill training (hereinafter referred to as services) provided to the persons with disabilities by the implementing agencies involve recurring expenditures from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:-
(1) An individual eligible to receive the benefits or services under the said Scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) An individual entitled to receive the benefits or services under the Scheme, who does not possess the Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, but desirous of availing the benefits or services under the Scheme is hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment by 30th June, 2017, provided she or he is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of the said Act and such individuals shall visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India website uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Department which requires an individual to furnish Aadhaar, is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities through its implementing agencies for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department through its implementing agencies is required to provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by becoming UIDAI Registrar themselves:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits or services under the Scheme shall be given to such individual subject to the production of the following identification documents, namely:-
(a) (i) if she or he has enrolled, her or his Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of her or his request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (b) of paragraph 2 below; and
(b) Disability certificate issued by the competent authority; and
(c) Any one of the following documents:-
(i) Voter identity Card; or (ii) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card; or (iii) Passport; or (iv) Ration Card; or (v) Employee Government ID Card; or (vi) Bank or Post office Passbook with Photo; or (vii) Photo identity card issued by competent authority for handicapped persons; or (viii) Certificate of identity having photo of such student issued by a Headmaster or Principal of School under official seal of the school; or (ix) Driving license issued by the Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or (x) Certificate of identity having photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head; or (xi) Any other documents as specified by the Department:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer designated by the Department for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle benefits or services under the Scheme to the
beneficiaries, the Department shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:-
(a) Wide publicity through media and individual notices shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centres available in their areas by 30thJune, 2017, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres (list available at uidai.gov.in) shall be made available to them.
(b) In case, the beneficiaries under the Scheme are not able to enroll for Aadhaar due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the near vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department through its implementing agencies is required to create Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations, and the beneficiaries may be requested to register their request for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other details as specified in the first proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1 with the concerned agencies or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the States and Union territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. 17-22(1)/2016-Sch.]
DOLLY CHAKARABARTY, Jt. Secy.