MINISTRY OF TEXTILES
New Delhi the 5th October, 2017
S.O. 3296(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly to them in a convenient and hassle free manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Ministry of Textiles (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry) in the Government of India is administering the Central Sector Scheme namely, “Scheme for Promoting Usage of Agrotextiles in North East Region” (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme), for the purpose of creating awareness and promoting usage of Agrotextile products in the North East Region (NER) of the country through the Office of Textile Commissioner as well as Synthetic and Art Silk Mills’ Research Association (SASMIRA), (hereinafter referred to as the Implementing Agencies) who is engaged in the development of textile sector;
And whereas, the Ministry through the Implementing Agencies, releases central share of subsidy as well as provides ready-made agrotextile kits (hereinafter referred to as the benefits), to the Agrotextile farmers (hereinafter referred to as the beneficiaries);
And whereas, the aforesaid Scheme involves recurring expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government, hereby notifies the following, namely:—
1. (1) Any individual desirous of availing the benefits under the Scheme is required to furnish the proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(1) Any individual who does not possess the Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, shall have to apply for Aadhaar enrolment by 31st December, 2017 in case he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such individual may visit any Aadhaar Enrolment Centre (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India website uidai.gov.in) for Aadhaar enrolment.
(2) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Ministry through its Implementing Agencies, is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry through its Implementing Agencies shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) or by the Ministry itself becoming UIDAI Registrar :
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individuals, benefits shall be given to such individuals under the Scheme, subject to the production of the following documents, namely:-
(a) (i) if he or she has enrolled, his or her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of his or her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 1; and
(b) (i) Bank Passbook with photograph; or (ii) Voter Identity Card issued by the Election Commission of India; or (iii) Ration Card; or (iv) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card issued by the Income Tax Department; or (v) Passport; or (vi) Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Job Card; or (vii) Kisan Photo Passbook; or (viii) Driving Licence issued by the Licencing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act,1988; or (ix) Certificate of identity having photo of such person issued by a Gazetted Officer on an official letter head; or (x) any other documents as specified by the Ministry:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer specially designated by the Ministry through its Implementing Agencies for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits to the beneficiaries under the Scheme, the Ministry through its Implementing Agencies shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:-
(1) Wide publicity through media and individual notices shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centres available in their areas by 31st December, 2017, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres (list available at uidai.gov.in) shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, the beneficiaries under the Scheme are not able to enroll for Aadhaar due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the vicinity such as in the Block or Talukas or Tehsil, the Ministry through its Implementing Agencies shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations, and the beneficiaries may register their requests for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other details as specified in the first proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the designated officer of the Implementing Agencies or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the North-Eastern States except the States of Assam, and Meghalaya.
[F.No. 6/21/2017-TT ]
PUNEET AGARWAL, Jt. Secy.