OFFICE OF THE
COMMISSIONER OF INCOME TAX (JUDICIAL)
ROOM NO. 162A, C.R.BUILDING, NEW DELHI-110002
F. No. CIT(Judicial)/Pros. Counsels/2015/2015-16/545, Dated : 29.07.2015
NOTICE FOR EMPANELMENT OF PROSECUTION COUNSELS
Applications are invited from advocates of substantial standing and repute and with good academic credentials for the empanelment of Prosecution Counsels for representing prosecution cases of the Income Tax Department in the Economic Offences Court or the appropriate court of Delhi in terms of Instruction No. 1925(F. No. 278113/88-ITJ Dated 31st March, 1995) of the Central Board of Direct Taxes, New Delhi.
2. Only such advocates who have been in practice for not less than seven years requiring special knowledge of law are eligible for empanelment as a prosecution counsel as per section 2800 of the Income Tax Act.1961. The payment of fees will be governed by Instruction No. 1925 Dated 31st March, 1995 of CBDT, New Delhi and any other instruction which may be issued in due course in this regard.
3. The applications should be submitted in prescribed proforma-A, through Regd. Post or by hand in a sealed cover, addressed to Income Tax Officer (Prosecution), Room No. 152A, C.R. Building, I P Estate, New Delhi-110002. The application proforma, eligibility and terms and conditions of empanelment can be accessed at http:t/www.incometaxindia gov.in or may be obtained from the office of ITO (Prosecution). Ali the documentary proof should be submitted alongwith the application. The Prosecution Counsels who have either resigned earlier or whose empanelment has been terminated by this office for the reason of non-reporting to work or for any other reason cannot apply.
4. Canvassing in any form shall constitute a disqualification.
5. For the purpose of experience as mentioned in the para 2 above the cutoff date for eligibility will be 31.07,2015.
6. The applications received earlier to this advertisement or received through any other channel or received after the due date are liable to be rejected. Applications, deficient in any respect, shall also be summarily rejected.
7. The last date for receipt of the applications is 14-08-2015 upto 5.00 PM.
8. A copy of this Notice is also available at the Department’s website i.e. www.incometaxindia.gov.in
Addl. Commissioner of Income Tax
(Judicial), New Delhi