Swachh Bharat -Corporate volunteering by private organizations & corporate entities
1. You may kindly recall that Hon. Prime Minister has given a call for “Swachh Bharat” as a mass movement to realize Gandhiji’s dream of a Clean India by the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in 2019. Ministries and Departments have undertaken various activities in connection with the campaign. However, it has been felt that the range, intensity and visibility of these activities need to increase significantly. Accordingly, Government has decided to observe a theme-wise fortnights in respect of Ministries and Departments
2. Ministry of Corporate Affairs along with Department of Public Enterprises and Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution has suggested the theme of “Corporate volunteering by private organizations and corporate entities” on account of UN Public Service Day on 23rd June to be observed during the fortnight commencing from 16th June to 30th June 2016.
3. In connection with the above, Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs held a meeting on 14th June 2016 with all industry associations and organizations wherein the following set of activities were agreed upon:-
✓ Mass Pledge by employees of 11 lakh active corporate entities on 16th June 2016
✓ Neighborhood cleanliness drive by corporates wherein 4 hours per employee will be put in during the fortnight aggregating to at least 5 crore man-hours
✓ Adoption of Government/Municipal schools by corporate entities for cleanliness
✓ Drive for education on disposal of e-waste
✓ On each day during the fortnight there will be one thematic activity on cleanliness/environment conservation
4. You are requested to participate in the above programme and upload activities taken along with photographs on “swachhbharat.mygov.in” with copy endorsed to this Ministry.
5. After completion of the campaign, a detailed report on the activities undertaken along with photographs may also be sent to (i) firstname.lastname@example.org and (ii) email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Please find following 15 topics to be taken up for each day during the “Swachh Bharat Pakhwada” to be commenced from 16th – 30th June, 2016. Each topic may be followed in sequence for each day beginning on 16th June, 2016.
1. Cleanliness Ke Side Effects… Pleasing Environs, Happier Workplace
2. It’s How We All Drink Water At Home… So Why Serve Pet Bottles!
3. Your Smile Is Lot More Precious… (Visual Of A Bouquet). Flowers Belong To Branches…Stop Gifting Bouquets
4. Clutter On The Table: It Is Sign Of Confusion And Chaos Always Keep Your Table Clean
5. Cleanliness Inspires Productivity…. Help Maintain Cleanliness Around Your Workstation
6. Cleanliness Is An Effortless Exercise… Just Do Not Litter Around. It’s Wonderful! Isn’t It?
7. There Are Two Sides To Every Paper You Write On So Why Use Just One Side? Use Both Sides of the Paper
8. Say No to Plastic
9. Adopt A Nearby Park. Ensure Its Health and Cleanliness
10. Carry Your Own Shopping Cloth/Jute Bags Which Can Be Reused
11. Leave Toilet Clean After Use As You Want It before Using It
12. Carry Linen/Cotton Napkins Which Can Be Washed and Reused. Avoid Using Tissue Papers
13. Reuse/Recycle Paper. It’s Never Too Late, Start Today
14. Look For A Dustbin. It Is There!
15. Your Hesitation Is Costing Much! Do Not Hesitate To Stop Someone Littering