Online Articles Placement Portal for selection of Articled Assistants by CA Firms
The Board of Studies of the ICAI has been providing Optional Articles Placement Scheme for selection of Articled Assistants by CA Firms through its Articles Placement Portal. It provides a platform to the firms of Chartered Accountants having vacancies for Articled Assistants to shortlist eligible students for selection of articled assistants, and call them for Interview at their offices, as per date and time convenient to them. The eligible candidates who have Passed Group-I or both Groups of the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course or have been admitted under the Direct Entry Scheme, and are willing to join articled training can register themselves on the portal. The candidates shortlisted by CA Firms would be automatically informed by e-mail through the Portal, to appear for interview at their respective Offices, at the designated date and time.
The services of Online Placement Portal are active for facilitating the placement of Articles in CA Firms on pan India basis. Both eligible CA firms and candidates who are willing to avail of this facility shall have to register themselves online through the Articles Placement Portal at http://bosapp.icai.org. The services on the Portal would be available for two months, twice a year from the date of registration by the firms.Similarly the bio data of a student will also be available on the portal for a maximum period of 2 months from student’s registration. The services of the Online Articles Placement Portal are available free of charge for both CA Firms and students.
Norms for Firms of Chartered Accountants participating in the Articles Placement Programme:
- All CA firms registered with the Institute and having vacancies for articled assistants are eligible to register through Portal.
- After Registration, the participating firms would short list the candidates from the data available on the portal as per their requirement on the basis of number of vacancies available with them and call the candidates for interviews/interaction at their offices as per the suitable time and date convenient to them.
- Participating CA Firms should ensure that they have the number of vacancies available with them for articled assistants and shall have to mandatorily give offer letter to the selected candidates in writing on the date of the interview itself.
- The CA firms are also requested to please see the list of candidates already selected by other CA firms on the Portal before giving offer letters to the candidates.
- The services on the Portal would be available for two months, twice a year from the date of registration by the firms. Similarly the bio data of a student will also be available on the portal for a maximum period of 2 months from student’s registration.
Guidelines for CA Students:
- CA students who have qualified Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course Group-I or both Groups or have been admitted under the Direct Entry Scheme, and are eligible for undergoing articled training can apply for registration through portal.
- The participating firms would short list the candidates registered on the Portal as per their requirement and call the candidates for interviews/interactions as per date and time convenient to them at their offices.
- If the date and/or time given by the CA firm is clashing with date and/or time of other CA firm(s), the candidate concerned is required to intimate the other firm(s) about the clash of date and time and request the firm(s) to change the same as per mutual convenience.
- Candidates appearing for the interviews are required to carry proof of their identity along with a copy of the mark-sheet(s) relating to Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course Group-I or both Groups or Graduation/Post Graduation, duly attested by a Chartered Accountant or a Gazetted Officer.
- Each student who would be given letter by the CA firm for pursuing articled training is required to give acceptance to the firm within 7 days’ time.
- In case the consent as per consent form is given by the Article to the firm this will be irrevocable from both sides and student will not be registered by ICAI under any other CA firm without the consent of the firm who were originally given the consent.
- After giving consent to the CA firm, he shall be required to indicate about his selection at the appropriate place on the Portal so that he should not be invited for further interviews by the CA firms.
- Students are advised to follow the proper Dress Code as prescribed by the Institute while appearing for interviews/interactions
Please note that The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India will be acting as a facilitator only and shall not be responsible in case of non-placement/non-selection of candidates.
In case of any clarification, please contact the Board of Studies, ICAI Bhawan, A-29, Sector-62, Noida-201309,Tel.No.0120-3045930/931/988;e-Mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director, Board of Studies