Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
22nd January 2018
Clarifications on the announcement dated 9th January 2018 on “Exemptions(s) from appearing in a paper(s) or Group of CA exams under the New Scheme of Education and Training w.e.f May 2018 examinations”
It is seen that queries are being raised whether a candidate who has passed one of the Groups of either Intermediate or Final exam under the Existing Scheme is required to convert compulsorily from the Old Scheme to the New Scheme, so as to appear in the examinations to be held from May/June 2018 onwards.
It is clarified that the announcement dated 9th January 2018 in respect of “Exemptions(s) from appearing in a paper(s) or Group of CA exams under the New Scheme of Education and Training w.e.f May 2018 examinations” deals with transition provisions applicable to those who convert from the Old Scheme to the New Scheme.
In this connection, it is hereby further clarified as follows:
1. Students have the option of continuing in the Existing Scheme or to convert to the New It is not mandatory to convert from the Old Scheme to the New Scheme so as to be eligible to appear in May 2018.
2. Students registered under the Old Scheme can continue to appear in the exam under the Old Scheme, in the normal course till such time the exams under the Old Scheme are being held.
3. Students registered under the New Scheme will be required to apply and appear in the exams to be held under the New Scheme from May 2018 onwards.
4. Students converted from the Old Scheme to New Scheme will be required to apply for and appear in the exams to be held under the New Scheme from May 2018 onwards.
5. Exams under the New Scheme will be held at all levels from May 2018 onwards.
6. Exams under the old Scheme will continue to be held as per the Implementation schedule of Revised Scheme of Education and Training contained in Announcement dated 1st July 2017, of Board of Studies hosted on icai.org at Students>Board of Studies Announcements Section.
7. It is hereby clarified that the last exam under the Old Scheme for different levels will be held as follows:
|Common Proficiency Test||June 2019|
|Intermediate (IPC)-Old Scheme||May 2019|
|Final (Old) Scheme||November 2020|
In this connection, students are advised to go through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in respect of Revised Scheme of Education and Training ( Question No 36 to Question No 43) hosted by the Board of Studies in this regard at www.icai.org in the FAQs>students section.
For any further clarifications, candidates are advised to write to the Exam Dept, at the following e-mail IDs:
|Foundation Examination||: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Intermediate Examination||: email@example.com|
|Final examination||: firstname.lastname@example.org|