OFFICE OF THE CHIEF COMMISSIONER OF CENTRAL EXCISE:MUMBAI ZONE – I CENTRAL EXCISE BUILDING, 115, M.K. ROAD, CHURCHGATE, MUMBAI-400 020.
TRADE NOTICE NO. 1/RAC/CCO MUMBAI ZONE-I/2011-12 DT.30th JAN, 2012
Sub.: Constitution of Regional Advisory Committee of Central Excise Mumbai Zone-I for Calendar Years 2012 & 2013.
It is brought to the notice of the Trade and Industry that the Central Board of Excise and Customs, New Delhi vide Circular No. 953/14/2011 issued vide F. No. 282/5/2008-CX-9(pt.) dated 12.09.2011 has directed that a single Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) for the Organised Sector and Small Scale Industry and Trade may be constituted by the Chief Commissioner of Central Excise of each Central Excise Zone in lieu of the RACs constituted hitherto for each Central Excise and Service Tax Commissionerates. Accordingly, the RAC for the Organised Sector and Small Scale Industry and Trade and Service providers for Mumbai Central Excise and Service Tax Zone-I has been constituted for the calendar years 2012 and 2013. The members nominated to the Regional Advisory Committee (RAC) are the following:
|Sr. No.||Name of the Member representing and the Trade Association||Sr. No.||Name of the Member representing and the Trade Association|
|1.||Shri Kishor G. Desai, |
Bombay Industries Association,
C/o. M/s. Hindustan Motor Mfg. Company,
32/A, Vidya Villa Compound,
Old Nagardas Road, Andheri (E), Mumbai – 400069.
Tel. No: 42500500 Fax No. 28380947 E-mail:- firstname.lastname@example.org
|2.||Shri Sanjiv S. Lathia |
Indian Textile Acessories & Machinery Manufacturers Association (ITAMMA),
C/o. M/s. Lathia Rubber Manufacturing. Co. Pvt. Ltd.,
Saki Naka, Kurla- Andheri Road,
Tel. 285 19140/6
|Shri Vijaykumar Yeshwant Tamhane, The Millowners Association, |
Dhuru Building, 4th floor, Near Portugese Church, Opp. Feroze Classes, Gokhale Road (North), Dadar (west), Mumbai400028.
Tel. 24314704/24315755 Fax : 24314869 Email: email@example.com
|Shri Pushkaraj Kelkar, |
Basic Chemicals Pharmaceuticals & Cosmetics Export Promotion Council , Jhansi Castle, 4th Floor, 7 Cooperage Road, Mumbai-400001.
Tel. 22021288,22021330,22825861 Fax: 22026684
|Shri Ashok G. Bafna, |
Bombay Metal Exchange Ltd.,
C/o. M/s. B. Rameshkumar Metals Pvt. Ltd.,
127, Kika Street, Gulalwadi, Mumbai400004.
Tel. 22421964, 65096588, 65096590 Fax: 22422640,
|Shri Kirit C. Mehta, |
The Chemical & Alkali Merchants’ Association,
111/115, Kazi Sayed Street,Gulabi House,3rd floor, Mumbai-400003.
Tel. 26184122/26183206 Fax.61325090/5020/663121 14/2115 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org/
|Ms. Queenie Nair, |
All India Association of Industries,
New Excelsior Building, 6th floor A. K. Naik Marg, Fort, Mumbai-400001.
Tel. 22019265/22019 160 Fax.22019764/22019760
|Mr. Mazhar Farooq Vohra, Capexil, |
Formerly Chemicals & Allied Products Export Promotion Council,
C/o, M/s.Zenith Industrial Rubber Products Pvt. Ltd.
A/2, Parekh Mahal, 80, Veer Nariman Road, Churchgate, Mumbai-400020.
Tel. 22885888 Fax: 22885222
|9.||Mr. Anil Devli, |
Indian National Shipowners’ Associations,
22, Maker Tower-F, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai-400005.
Tel-22182105, 40023 168-70 Fax : 22182104
|Shri Ashok Mohanani, |
Maharashtra Chamber of Housing Industry,
C/o. M/s. Ekta Housing Pvt. Ltd.
401, Business Plaza, Near Gurunanak Hospital, Kalanagar, Bandra(East), Mumbai -400051.
Tel. 61152424 Fax: 61152200
|11.||Shri Jai Kumar Jain |
Bombay Goods Transport Association, C/o. M/s.Parasmani Roadlines Pvt. Ltd
4th Cross Lane, Dana Bunder, Mumbai400009.
Tel. 40299207/09 Fax: 40299204
|Mrs. Bhavna Gautam Doshi, Indian Merchants Chamber, |
IMC Bldg. IMC Marg, Churchgate, Mumbai-400020.
Tel. 39896000(direct) 30902070 Fax: 30901550
|13.||Shri Nagesh Ganesh Alai , |
Advertising Agencies Association of India,
C/o.M/s. Interface Communications Pvt. Ltd.
Nirmal, 4th Floor, Nariman Point, Mumbai-400021.
Tel. 22856638 Fax. 22875947
|Shri Sunil B. Gabhawalla, |
Bombay Chartered Accountants’ Society, C/o. M/s. SB Gabhawala & Co., 12,Labella Society, Azad Lane,
Andheri (East), Mumbai-400 069.
Tel : 26825101/26825102 Fax
- Chief Commissioner, Central Excise Mumbai Zone-I, is the Chairman of the Committee. Additional Commissioner of Central Excise, Chief Commissioner’s Office, Mumbai Zone-I, is the ex-officio Member Secretary.
- The nominated members of the Committee alone shall attend the RAC meeting. Any member who remains absent during three consecutive meetings without adequate reasons shall be deemed to have withdrawn himself from the Committee and his place shall be liable to be filled up by fresh nominee as may be selected by the Chairman. Appointment of alternate members from any Association will be considered only once a year.
- The functions of the Regional Advisory Committee are purely advisory in nature with a view to solicit their advice in legal and procedural difficulties being faced by the trade and industry.
- The Committee will meet once in three (3) months on such dates as may be fixed by the Chairman. The manufacturers and exporters of excisable commodities! Traders, Service providers are advised to place their problems !difficulties before any of the above members of the Committee.
- All the members are requested to furnish points proposed to be discussed in the RAC at
least 15 days before the date of meeting in writing as well as through email at email@example.com, so that points could be included in the agenda and the same could be circulated to all the members to enable them to participate in a purposeful discussion. The Trade Associations and Chambers of Commerce whose representatives have been nominated on the Committee are requested to ensure effective participation by the members in the RAC meetings convened. Any change in address, telephone !mobile numbers and email address of the constituted members may please be intimated to this office.
- All correspondence meant for the Regional Advisory Committee may be addressed to the Secretary on the following address:
Chief Commissioner’s Office,
5th Floor, New Central Excise Building,
115, M. K. Road, Churchgate,
8. All the Trade Associations are requested to advise and guide the constituent members and
trade interests accordingly.
Sd/-30.01 .20 12
(K. C. JOHNY)
Mumbai, the January, 2012.
- All Trade Associations
- Individual Members
(1) All Commissioners of Central Excise Mumbai Zone-I and Commissioners of Central Excise (Appeals), Commissioner, L.T.U., Mumbai, and Commissioners of Service TaxI,/II, Mumbai, with a request to give wide publicity to this Trade Notice and also place it on their websites.
(2) The Chief Commissioner, Central Excise, Mumbai Zone-II, for kind information.