Securities and Exchange Board of India
October 04, 2021
The Managing Directors / Chief Executive Officers
All Recognized Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporations having
Commodity Derivatives Segment
Dear Sir / Madam,
Sub: Disclosure of Complaints against the Stock Exchange (s) and the Clearing Corporation (s)
1. In order to bring about transparency in the Investor Grievance Redressal Mechanism, it has been decided that all the Stock Exchanges and the Clearing Corporations shall disclose on their websites, the data on complaints received against them and redressal thereof, latest by 7th of succeeding month, as per the format enclosed at Annexure – ‘A’ to this circular.
2. These disclosure requirements are in addition to those already mandated by SEBI.
3. The provisions of this circular shall come into effect from January 01, 2022.
4. The Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporations are advised to:
4.1. Make necessary amendments to the relevant bye-laws, rules and regulations.
4.2. Communicate to SEBI, the status of the implementation of the provisions of this circular through the Monthly Development Report (MDR).
5. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act 1992 read with Section 10 of the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
6. This circular is available on SEBI website at sebi.gov.in under the category “Circulars” and “Info for Commodity Derivatives”.
Deputy General Manager
Division of Complaints
Commodity Derivatives Market Regulation Department
Annexure – A
Data of complaints against the Stock Exchanges or the Clearing Corporations to be displayed by all the Recognized Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporations having Commodity Derivatives Segment.
Format for disclosing data of complaints by all the Recognized Stock Exchanges and Clearing Corporations on their website:
Data for the month ending
|Sr. No.||Recei-ved from||Carried forward from prev-ious month||Rece-ived during the
|Total Compl-aints||Reso-lved during the month*||Pending at the end of the month**||Aver-age Reso-lution time^|
|Pending for less than 3 months||Pending
for more than 3 months
|1||Directly from Investors|
*Should include complaints of previous months resolved in the current month, if any.
**Should include total complaints pending as on the last day of the month, if any.
^ Average resolution time is the sum total of time taken to resolve each complaint in the current month divided by total number of complaints resolved in the current month.
Month-wise data for the current financial year
|Sr. No.||Month||Carried forward from previous month||Received||Resolved||Pending|
Year-wise data (for 5 years on rolling basis)
|Sr. No.||Year||Carried forward from previous year||Received||Resolved||Pending|