Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
Secretary Economic Affairs, Government of India briefing the media about Demonetisation related issues and the US Fed rate hike, in North Block on 16.12.2016 has said the following-
- Printing of new Rs 500 notes has been stepped up: Shaktikanta Das
- US Fed Rate Hike factored in, markets will remain stable.
- it’s the first time new currency notes have indigenous design, including security features.
- More Rs. 2000 notes printed initially to replace more amount of old currency in shorter time
- Focus now on printing more Rs. 500 notes. Earlier too, Rs. 500 notes were being printed parallelly
- distribution of notes streamlined to avoid criss-cross movements, airlifting is being done where necessary.
- emphasis on making cash available to co-op banks for crop loan disbursement, Rabi sowing almost at par with last year
- emphasis on providing cash to rural areas from where reports of inadequate availability of cash are coming in.
- Action against illegal accumulation of new notes is based on specific inputs by revenue authorities and by FIU.
- The various wings of Govt, RBI Banks are working to ensure that the situation eases out.
- notes seized from illegal accumulations are being put back into the circulation as soon as possible.