Recently, the Income Tax Department has allowed quick filing of ITR 1 by salaried class assessees on its e-filing website itself, thereby reducing the burden of uploading the XML file. This happens to be one of the most easiest and convenient way of filing the return electronically.But, the user has to be cautious while feeding all the information because the information on income and prepaid taxes have to be filled up manually. Besides, the prepaid taxes column will show the figures automatically transferred from 26AS details but, if the assessee has greater amount of TDS or prepaid taxes than that shown in the 26AS details, then, he can enter it manually by overwriting the figure of greater amount under the respective columns of TDS or prepaid taxes, as the case may be. At the bottom of the form there is a button to either save the filled up return form as draft or submit the filled up return form. Once, the user clicked the submit button, the return will be sent to CPC and ITR V will be generated quickly which can then be downloaded in pdf form and required to be sent to the CPC within 120 days from the date of submitting the return online.
Pre-Check before submitting the return in ITR 1 :-
1. Ensure all personal details correctly entered in the return form ;
2. Ensure all income details entered correctly before clicking the submit button ;
3. Usually prepaid taxes are reflected automatically from Form 26AS. Ensure all prepaid taxes duly reflected or modified by the user manually before being submitted ; User has to give details of all the TDS claims and Advance tax, self assessment tax etc. even if the same is not reflected automatically in the relevant columns.
4. Ensure IFSC code and Bank A/c No. correctly entered as it is compulsorily to be entered even if user don’t have refund claim ;
5. Ensure Mobile No. and E-mail ID correctly entered so as to receive important communication from CPC on the status of your return of income filed electronically.
Sr. Tax Assistant, Income Tax Department, Nagpur