What should I do, if my Refund is failed due to change in my Communication Address?

For the change in Address and all address related issues. Taxpayer has to Login to http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.

a. Login to the above website, where in the login id will be the PAN Number and Password is which is created when logging in for the first time.

b. Now go to My account tab and select ( 143/1 , Refund Re-issue, 154 ).

c. Refund re-issue address has a drop down arrow where you can select to which address the refund cheque needs to be dispatched.

Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join

d. There are few validations for verification details, so all the details entering should be same as per the Intimation.

e. The mandatory fields( includes verification details) to be filled in are: CPC Reference number, AY( Assessment year), Refund Sequence number, Total Refund amount, Gross total income, Net amount refundable, DOB(Date Of Birth).

f. IF there is any change of name, it can be changed in Refund Re-issue specification changes, just click the radio button which says: Name as in PAN.

g. Click on save and submit button to complete it.

What should I do, if my Refund is failed due to error in Ac number or Change in the Ac details?

a. Tax Payer needs to download the “Response Sheet”from the Income Tax website( www.incometaxindia.gov.in ) and take a printout of the same.

b. If intimation is received, then the Response sheet will be sent along with it.

c. Fill in the necessary fields in the Response sheet, Original Cancelled Cheque should be enclosed with it as a proof.

d. Incase if there is no cheque, Passbook front page/Bank statement with seal and signature is accepted.

More Under Income Tax

Posted Under

Category : Income Tax (25163)
Type : Articles (14590) Featured (4133)
Tags : Income Tax Refund (198)

0 responses to “Re-issue of Income tax Refund for change in Address & Bank Account Details”

  1. Krishna Kumar PV says:

    Dear Sir,
    There is no reply received from your side. please confirmation

  2. Krishna Kumar PV says:

    PAN : AOHPP3920R
    PAN HOLDER NAME : Krishna Kumar Pukdi Veedu
    Date of Birth : 10/05/1970
    Fathers Name : Narayanan KV
    Register Pan Address: 28 Madras, C/0 56 APO (ARMY)

    Requested to re issue the amount on bellow mail address

    Krishna Kumar PV
    Infosys Ltd Mudipu
    Kurnad (PO)
    Bantwal TK
    Dhakshin Karnataka (Dist)
    Karnataka – 574153

    Infosys Mudipu


    dear sir
    my refund cheque was returned undelivered by postal department on 18 January 2013 for a.y.2011-12

    so pls. advice letter type for local IT Department Letter request formate in my email id

    Prashant Dave

  4. rekha sharma says:

    dear sir or madam
    my refund of 2011 12 had been sent on my temp address which i ahve not recieved yet i have called many on toll free number but they are nt changing my address itll date kindly help me and advice me what i have to do
    my permanent address is
    rekha sharma
    vill neen p o koti teh and distt shimla h p
    pin 171012

  5. K NAVEEN says:

    SIR ,

    In new web site of income tax there is tab for response sheet then how can correct my bank a/c no for refund

    In refund status it showing bank a/c no is incorrect

    Please give me reply at earliest


    sir, we receiving the your letter.we send the bank details/supporting papers
    and new address & address proof sent to your it dept bangalore office.
    please credit to my bank and inform to us. any post sent to my new address.
    communication ref.no cpc/1011/g3/12007706072
    cpc order ref no.cpc/1011/14/1112177839


    october 4th 2012

    dear sir, we receiving the bank details and address form. we fill the all
    details sent to your bangalore it office. i request to u please credit our
    account our tds refund amount.the details inform to my e-mail id or sent the
    my new address.

  8. pravin says:

    dear sir my refund 2010-2011 refund failure status is “party shifted ” so furtherly may 2012 i have sent response sheet with cancelled cheque to CPC but still i could not get refund also Should update my change of address in pan data on online ? Kindly advice me

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *