Section(s) Referred: 35, 35(2A)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 22/7/1982
It is hereby notified for general information that the following scientific research programme has been approved for the period specified below for the purposes of sub-section (2A) of section 35 of the Income-tax Act, 1961, by the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi :
1. Name of the scientific research ” Community Health and Deve- programme : lopment (CHAD)-A Health Care DELIVERY System —- Operation Study ”
2. Sponsored at : The Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore.
Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
3. Sponsored by : The Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore.
4. Duration of project 5 years.
(i) Proposed date of commencement. 1-5-1982.
(ii) Anticipated date of completion. 30-4-1987.
5. Total estimated expenditure : Rs. 78,43,079 (Rupees Seventy- Eight lakhs forty-three thou- sand and Seventy-Nine only).
The approval for the above project will be subject to the following conditions :—
(1) That the Institution will maintain a seaprate account of the amounts received and expenditure incurred for this research project as distinct from the other expenditure of the Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore.
(2) That the Institution will furnish annual returns of this scientific research project to the council by 31st May, each year, at the latest in such form as may be laid down and intimated to them for this purpose.
(3) That the Institution will furnish a copy of the annual audited statement of account together with total assets and liabilities to the council by 31st May, each year, and in addition, send a copy of it to the concerned Income-tax Commissioner.
The Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore, has been approved under section 35(1)(ii) of the Income-tax Act, vide Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue, Notification No. 374 (F. No. 203/22/73-ITA. II), dated the 11th June, 1973.
[No. 4823/F. No. 203/133/82-ITA. II)]