Section(s) Referred: 88 ,88(6)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 19/6/1965
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section of section 88 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies the following temples, mosques, gurdwaras and churches as places of public worship of renown throught the State or States for the purposes of the said section :
(1) Church of Bom Jesu, Goa.Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
(2) Dargah Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti, Ajmer.
(3) Gurdwara Harmandir Saheb, Amristar.
(4) Jama Masjid, Delhi.
(5) Jama Masjid, Bombay.
(6) Kali Temple, Kalighat, Calcutta.
(7) Mount Mary Shrine, Bandra, Bombay.
(8) Shri Padmanabhaswami Temple, Trivandrum.
(9) Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Varanasi.
(10) Shri Dwarkadhish Temple, Dwarka.
(11) Shri Venkateswara Temple, Tirupathi.
(12) Shri Ramanatha Swami Temple, Rameshwaram