Section(s) Referred: 35 ,35(2A)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 26/12/1980
It is hereby notified for general information that the following scientific research programmes have been approved for the period specified below for the purposes of sub-section (2A) of section 35 of the Income-tax Act, 1961, read with rule 6(iv) the Income-tax Rules, 1962, by the prescribed authority, the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi.
1. Name of the scientific research ” Development of Appropriate Strategies programme : for community orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Programme in Primary Health Care. ”
2. Sponsored at : Hastimal Sanchi Memorial Trust, Pune.
3. Sponsored by : 1. Bharatia Cutler Hammer Ltd., Subhash Road, Calcutta.
4. East India Commercial Company (P.) Ltd., New Delhi–110 001.
5. Bajaj Tempo Ltd., Akurdi, Pune—411 017.
6. M/s. G.V. Gokal and Co., Kasturi Building, Bombay—400 020.
7. M/s. Chemet, Dr. D. N. Road, Bombay.
8. M/s. Rajmal Lakhichand & Co., Jalgaon.
9. M/s. Ahmed F. Fazalbhoy Pvt. Ltd., Bombay.
10. Duration of projects : 10 years from 24th Dec. 1980 to 23rd Dec. 1990.
11. Total estimated expenditure : Rs. 97,32,088 (Rs. ninety seven lakhs thirty-two thousand and eighty-eight only).
The approval for the above project will be subject to the following conditions :—
1. That the trust will maintain a separate account of the amounts received and expenditure incurred for this research project as distinct from the other expenditure of the Hastimal Sancheti Memorial Trust, Pune.
2. That the trust will furnish annual returns of this scientific research project to the Council by 31st May each year at the latest in such form as may be laid down and intimated to them for this purpose.
3. That the trust will furnish a copy of the annual audited statement of account to the Council by 31st May each year and in addition send a copy of it to the concerned Income-tax Commissioner.
The Hastimal Sancheti Memorial Trust, Pune, has been approved under section 35(1)(ii) of the I. T. Act, vide Min. of Finance, Department of Revenue Notification No. 3647 (F. No. 203/212/80–ITA–II, dated 1-9-1980).
[No. 3768/F. No. 203/289/80–ITA–II]