Notification No : 204
Date of Issue : 26/8/2003
Notification No. 204 of 2003, dt. 26th Aug, 2003
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 295 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:
Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
1. (1) These rules may be called the Income-tax (Sixteenth Amendment) Rules, 2003.
(2) They shall come into force from the date of publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Income-tax Rules, 1962,–
(a) in Part VI, for rule 37B, the following rule shall be substituted, namely;
“37B Returns regarding tax deducted at source on computer media under subsection (2) of section 206–(1). Where a person responsible for deducting tax under Chapter XVII-B is required to file any return or statement referred to in rule 37 or rule 37A on a computer media, he shall deliver or cause to be delivered such return or statement in accordance with such scheme as may be specified by the Board in this behalf within the time specified under rule 37 or rule 37A, as the case may be,
(2) The return or statement filed on a computer media shall contain all the information required under rule 37 or rule 37A, as the case may be.
(3) The return or statement filed on computer media shall be accompanied by Form No. 27A furnishing the information specified therein.”;
(b) in Appendix II, for Form No. 27A, the following Form shall be substituted.