Notification No : 294
Section(s) Referred : Section 295
Date of Issue : 8/12/2004
Notification No. 294 of 2004, dt. 8th Dec., 2004
S.O. 1340 (E). -In exercise of the powers conferred by section 295 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:-
- These rules may be called the Income-tax (20th Amendment) Rules, 2004.
- They shall come into force from the date of publication in the Official Gazette.
Application for allotment of a tax deduction and collection account number
114A. (1) An application under sub-section (1) of section 203A for the allotment of a tax deduction and collection account number shall be made in duplicate in Form No.49B.
(2) An application referred to in sub-rule (1) shall be made,—
- in cases where the function of allotment of tax deduction and collection account number under section 203A has been assigned by the Chief Commissioner or Commissioner to any particular Assessing Officer, to that Assessing Officer;
- in any other case, to the Assessing Officer having jurisdiction to assess the applicant.
(3) The application referred to in sub-rule (1) shall be made,—
(i) in a case where a person has deducted tax or collected tax in accordance with the provisions of Chapter XVII under the heading ‘B.—Deduction at source’ or ‘BB.- Collection at source’, as the case may be, prior to the 1st day of October, 2004, on or before the 31st day of January, 2005;
(ii) in a case where a person has,-
- (a) deducted or deducts tax in accordance with the provisions of Chapter XVII under the heading ‘B.—Deduction at source’; or
- (b) collected or collects tax in accordance with the provisions of Chapter XVII under the heading ‘BB.- Collection at source’,
on or after the 1st day of October, 2004, within one month from the end of the month in which the tax was deducted or collected, as the case may be, or the 31st day of January, 2005, whichever is later;
(B) in Appendix II, for Form No.49B, the following Form shall be substituted, namely:-
Form No. 49B
Note.- The principal rules were published vide Notification No.S.O.969(E), dated the 26 th March, 1962 and last amended by Income-tax (19th Amendment) Rules, 2004 vide Notification S.O. No.1334 (E) dated 7.12.2004.