FULL TEXT OF THE HIGH COURT ORDER /JUDGEMENT
It is well know that Representations by the taxpayers and tax professionals association doesn’t make any difference to CBDT and CBIC and they act only when they receive Instruction from our Courts.
1. A Division Bench of M.P. High Court, said that how can CBDT issue Circular No. 8/2021 dated. 30-04-2021restricting extension of limitation for filing appeal before CIT(A) to 31-05-2021, while the Supreme Court has extended such limitation until further orders till 19.07.2021
2. How can CBDT fix a time limit restricting the benefits given by Supreme Court.
3. CBDT’s Counsel gave a statement that it shall extend limitation in consonance with Supreme Court’s order.
4. It will take an appropriate decision for extending the period of limitation for filing the appeal.
5. Petitioner was represented by Advocate Milind Sharma.
6. The matter is now listed on 27-05-2021 for response of CBDT.