HIGH COURT OF KARNATAKA AT BENGALURU
DATED THIS THE 28TH DAY OF SEPTEMBER, 2015
Writ Petition Nos. 41109 and 41110 of 2015 (T- IT-PIL)
1. Karnataka State Chartered Accountants Association
2. Sri.Raveendra S.Kore
1. Union of India
2. Central Board of Direct Taxes
These Writ Petitions are filed under Articles 226 and 227 of the Constitution of India praying to declare the decision of the respondent Nos.1 and 2 vide its press release dated 9.9.2015 vide Annexure-A as null and void and in contravention of the provisions of Part I I I of the Constitution of India, by virtue of which, the respondent Nos.1 and 2 has not extended the date of filing of returns due by 30.9.2015 for assessment year 2015-16 for certain categories of assessee’s including companies and firms and individuals engaged in proprietary business/ profession, etc., whose accounts are required to be audited in terms of the Income Tax Act , 1961, and, etc. These petitions coming on for Orders this day, the Acting Chief Justice made the following:
In these writ petitions, the writ petitioners are asking for some extension of time for submission of income tax returns in respect of certain categories of assesses, including the companies, firms and individuals, engaged in proprietary business/ profession, whose accounts are required to be audited in terms of the Income Tax Act , 1961.
2. I t is a domain of the Indian Government and the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
3. We direct the Central Board of Direct Taxes to consider the representation at Annexure- ‘C’ to these writ petitions dated September 15, 2015, peremptorily by September 29, 2015.
4. With this direction, the writ petitions stand disposed of.
5. We make no order as to costs.
Keep Checking the below page for Status of various Petitions in High Courts for Extension of Tax Audit Due Date –