ITBA – Assessment Instruction No -4
DIRECTORATE OF INCOME TAX (SYSTEM)
ARA Center, Ground Floor, E-2, Jhandewalan Extension,
New Delhi –110055
All Principal Chief Commissioners of Income-tax/ CCsIT (By Name)
All Principal Director General of Income Tax / DGsIT (By Name)
All Principal Commissioner of Income-tax/CsIT/CsIT(Admin & CO) (By Name)
Subject: Launch of Income Tax Business Application (ITBA) – Assessment Module– Phase-4- Functionality for (1) Reference to Valuation Officer and (2) Conversion of Case from Limited to Complete Scrutiny – Reg.
This is in reference to the subject mentioned above. The following processes forming a part of the Assessment module are now available to the users in ITBA: (A) Reference to Valuation Officer and (B) Conversion of Case from Limited to Complete Scrutiny.
2. Assessment module of the ITBA can be accessed by entering the following URL in the browser: https://itba.incometax.gov.in
The path for the module is: ITBA Portal > Login > Modules > Assessment
The following functionalities are now available to the Users:
(A) Reference to Valuation Officer :
(i) User can access the Link to refer a case to the VO, through Initiate Other Actions button.
(ii) Particulars of the VO and details of asset can be entered in the first tab, (VO Reference details) along with date of compliance. Reference letter can then be generated and issued to the VO.
(iii) On receipt of the Valuation Report, user can go to the next tab – Valuation Report details– to capture the key details of Valuation report, received offline. Complete Valuation Report can be placed on record as an attachment.
(B) Conversion of Case from Limited to Complete Scrutiny:
(i) AO can access the Link for conversion of case from Limited to Complete Scrutiny, through Initiate Other Actions button.
(ii) Reasons for conversion of a case are to be entered and then such proposal is to be submitted for approval of PCIT/CIT/PDIT/DIT.
(iii) Pendency will then be created for Range to forward the proposal with its recommendation to the PCIT/CIT/PDIT/DIT, for approval. Range can enter remarks and submit the case.
(iv) PCIT/CIT/PDIT/DIT can examine the proposal and then decide whether to approve or reject. In case the proposal is approved then the Limited Scrutiny Flag of scrutiny case will be changed to No.. If the proposal is rejected the limited scrutiny flag would remain unchanged.
3 MIS : There shall be a facility for viewing and generating MIS in respect of the aforesaid processes. The MIS is accessible through Assessment module home page.
- List of cases referred to the VO shall be available to the User, displaying status of each reference.
- Similarly, information on cases for converted from Limited to Complete Scrutiny, will be displayed in the existing MIS screen for “Cases Selected for Scrutiny”, under column ‘Revised Limited Scrutiny Flag”.
- The path to access MIS : Assessment Home Page à MIS Reports
4. Relevant users will need their individual name based department email IDs and RSA tokens. The username and passwords will be communicated on their respective email ID. The log in to the system will be through the username and password (sent on individual email ID) along with the RSA token over the Taxnet nodes. Users are advised to contact their respective RCC Admin for name based department email ID.
5. Users on Windows XP system are advised to download the Chrome (version 43) or Firefox (version 36) browser (if unavailable) from ITBA Portal > Download Pre-Requisites to access the new ITBA application.
6. Training material including user manual, help content and frequently asked questions (FAQs) are available on the Assessment module Home Page and also on ITBA Portal > Online Training on ITBA. Users can click on the Online training functionality to access the following: User Manual, Step by Step, Frequently Asked Questions, and a Power Point Presentation to understand how to use the new functionalities in the Assessment module. A screen shot displaying the Online Training resource is as under:
7. It is expected that the relevant users may henceforth use the aforesaid processes, wherever required, while conducting scrutiny proceedings using the Assessment module of ITBA.
8. Users are advised to contact helpdesk in case of any issues in respect of ITBA.
a. URL of helpdesk – http://itbahelpdesk.incometax.net
b. Help desk number – 0120-2811200 (new)
c. Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Help desk Timings – 8.30 A.M. – 7.30 P.M. (Monday to Friday).
Addle. DG(S)-3, New Delhi