Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. Of India
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan, 14-Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066
No. R-I/UID/2010/pt/ 27938, Dated: 20.12.2012
Sub; – Implementation of Direct Cash Transfers under various schemes in EPFO – Reg.Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
The schemes of the EPFO involving transfer of benefits to the beneficiaries namely Pension, withdrawal of Provident Fund, premature withdrawal of Pension, Payment related to EDLI have been identified by Government for implementation of Direct Cash Transfers from 1StJanuary, 2013 in 43 pilot districts (list enclosed) and in all districts thereafter.
2. In this regard, it has been decided that embedding of Aadhaar numbers in the bank account of beneficiaries is considered an effective instrument in the Direct transfer methodology. Therefore there is an urgent need to seed Aadhaar Numbers in the accounts of the beneficiaries who receive benefits under various schemes of EPFO. In order to ensure that seeding of the Aadhaar numbers is completed throughout the country in specified time frame, the Ministry of Labour & Employment has decided that seeding of Aadhaar Numbers of the beneficiaries be completed for 43 districts by 31st December, 2012 and for the beneficiaries in the rest of the districts as early as possible.
3. For the purpose, a soft copy of the digitized database seeded with Aadhar number in respect of EPFO subscribers and pensioners is to be made available to the bank. To ensure that, the Aadhaar number details and Saving Bank Account No. details would be collected from the subscribers in the enclosed format. The message to the employer for providing the data will be spread through the messages in EPFO official website.
4. In addition to above, the field offices are requested to expedite the collection of Aadhaar details i.e Name and Aadhaar Number w.r.t the EPF account Number for both subscribers and pensioners by using camp mode in coordination with the local UIDAI agencies, District authorities. All the possible sources like employers, banks and individual pensioners are to be tapped to collect the above.
5. It is requested to give utmost priority to enable seeding of Aadhaar Numbers in the account of the beneficiaries of the identified districts in your jurisdiction by 31st December, 2012 and thereafter, enable seeding of Aadhaar Numbers for the rest of the beneficiaries as early as possible.
6. A monthly report on the progress made during the preceding month is to be sent to the Ministry of Labour & Employment. The first such report may be sent on lst January, 2013 intimating the seeding of the Aadhaar Numbers in the bank accounts of the beneficiaries belonging to the aforementioned 43 districts.