CA Ajay Agrawal
Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
The Renewed and Improved Website of the IT Dept for the E-filing of the IT returns – www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in is ready to use –
1) while registering a PAN number a lot of information is required to be given like – answering two secret questions , giving your residential address , also few options are given to choose from before registering like – whether your TDS is Deducted / collected , whether you have paid any Advance Tax or Self Assessment Tax, whether your DSC is registered.
2) For CPC refund Status you are now made required to LOGIN, whereas from the Income Tax site ( www.incometaxindia.gov.in) you can check the same without login to site.
3) While Login , submitting the Date Of Birth is made mandatory .
Welcomed Changes –
1) One of the Appreciated Change is that an Option of CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS is given for registering themselves and few facilities are offered for the registered CA, on the e-filing website . Like – 1) Download IT Form and Upload XML Files , 2) View E-Filed Forms for the Last THREE Assessment Years, 3) VIew Status of the Income tax Forms etc
For registering as a CA , your DSC is required to be registered.
2) TAX CALCULATOR is made available on the website.
3) Assessee can now fill the ITR data online and submit the return online. But currently this facility is made available for the ITR 1 for AY 2012-13 only.
4) Instant SMS as well as email alerts on successful Upload of the IT returns.
5) You can view and download all the the ITR Forms Uploaded online in single screen.
at the end , we can sum up that the renewed website is a good and more secure. Also the add-On provided are appreciated.